New duck, badly healed broken leg! Pic!***

TheHappyHen21

Chirping
Sep 14, 2015
Russell, Ny

I found him online someone giving him away.hes is 2 monthes old. It is clearly healed now and he has a hard time walking of course. Id like to save him. I have a lonley female duck and they already love eachother. Could i have a vet fix it??

No...once the bone heals it calcifies to hold the break together....Does he seem in pain? If he is walking on it and only limping a bit he is okay...If he is holding it up and hates moving then it hurts...
You could for sure take into a vet and get an ex-ray to see what your options are...

Poor little guy!

Cheers!

I found him online someone giving him away.hes is 2 monthes old. It is clearly healed now and he has a hard time walking of course. Id like to save him. I have a lonley female duck and they already love eachother. Could i have a vet fix it??
Worth having an avian vet take a look, IMO. You should have some good karma coming your way for taking this guy in and trying to give him the best quality of life you can.
1f642.png

And bad leg notwithstanding, he's a good looking drake.

Update: found a case study involving a goose with a poorly healed broken leg. The vets were able to re-break and reset the leg: http://www.birdsandexotics.com/2016/05/goose-poorly-healed-leg-case-study-7/.

Last edited:
Thank you guys, i really do like him. He is in a rabbit cage on my porch right now so i can moniter him. Id like to get him up and going again before leaving him full time with my female duck.

No...once the bone heals it calcifies to hold the break together....Does he seem in pain? If he is walking on it and only limping a bit he is okay...If he is holding it up and hates moving then it hurts...
You could for sure take into a vet and get an ex-ray to see what your options are...

Poor little guy!

Cheers!

He is always laying, dont seem in pain.

Well everyone, Draco now has a vet appoint next Tuesday to access the break. Vet is going to examine him and see what they can do. The vet is one hour away but i drive to work an hour away so its not that bad :)

Back
Top Bottom