New Ducklings

RickyChickyTavi

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2016
Hi! I just picked these little cuties up from TSC yesterday. There were some Rouens in there and some Pekins...and a few that looked like these guys. When I asked them what other breeds were in the bin, I got "I dunno". These pics probably aren't the greatest. I only got two but I sure could've bought the whole lot....but I figure two will keep me plenty busy. I'm calling them Keebler and Ritz....aka the Quackers.

Anyone have any idea of what kind of ducklings these may be? You know, apart from cute ones?

Last edited:
I cannot answer your question as I just recently did exactly what you did and got some from TSC but the locations I went to did not have any like that or I would have gotten more haha. I cannot wait to hear what they are.....Hope you get a response soon!

I got five when I went and I posted on here to double check what they had said they were at TSC. It appears the clerks at TSC rarely are told or know what they get in chick or duckling wise unless they are marked. When I went, they had Rouens, White Pekin, Khaki Campbells, and then some that people on here say maybe be crosses and maybe Welsh Harlequin. I am jealous your little ones are very cute!

Based on your new picture you may actually have Magpies. They have the black patch on the head and a large one on the back. Anconas have patches all over. Still a great breed though. Cute either way.

Cool! Whatever they are I will love them for all their days!

How long do you think before I know whether I have boys or girls?

I made them a little sunning pen yesterday so they could sun today (it was 78). They had a grand time.
When they are 4-5 months old drakes get curled feathers by there tails. 5-8 weeks of age they can usaully be distinguished by their voice. Drakes will sound more like a wongh. While hens are sound more like quack.

Oh you have no idea how I wanted to get one of every one that looked a little different LOL. But I stopped myself at 2. But I WANT MOAR DUCKS!....I think I like my duckies better than my chickens (shhh don't tell them, I don't want to hurt their feelings lol).

Oh you have no idea how I wanted to get one of every one that looked a little different LOL. But I stopped myself at 2. But I WANT MOAR DUCKS!....I think I like my duckies better than my chickens (shhh don't tell them, I don't want to hurt their feelings lol).
Yeah.....the first batch we got was a week ago because I went into TSC for scratch for our chickens and saw them and convinced my fiance to let me get two so we could see how we like ducks. Not even a week later, I randomly decided to check other TSC by my work to see what breeds they carried and ended up with 3 more......so now we have five.......my fiance had hesitantly agreed to let me get two more......but instead I got one more than he was expecting. Now that I see yours I wish I had one of those too! But sadly, five is enough for now, we still have 7 chicks coming in april......otherwise.....I would so keep looking at the other locations haha. I kinda feel the same and am already addicted to ducks.....So sorry to our amazing chicken ladies....still love them....but I love my ducklings.....Here is all my little ones......the two bigger ones were my original two....

Back
Top Bottom