New Ducklings

They're SO cute!!!!
love.gif
They look like Anconas, an endangered medium weight breed of duck. I wonder how they got to a tsc Anconas are pretty darn rare.

Last edited:
Any pics of the bodies?
They could be anconas, magpies or even poorly marked swedish.

Anconas are not actually rare. They are VERY common now-a-days. But it is rare to find top quality breeding stock of PURE anconas

Yes Aconas aren't too rare. They are more common than Magpies. I figured Anconas would be more likely to be in a feed store. They would be very poorly marked if they were Sweds, way too much yellow.

Cool! Whatever they are I will love them for all their days!

How long do you think before I know whether I have boys or girls?

I made them a little sunning pen yesterday so they could sun today (it was 78). They had a grand time.

Well my babies turned out to be a drake and a female. Sadly something got into my coop and killed my male. It was awful. I was devastated. We have a big problem with people letting dogs roam here. My little female is beside herself. We put out cameras just in case whatever it was comes back.

Well my babies turned out to be a drake and a female. Sadly something got into my coop and killed my male. It was awful. I was devastated. We have a big problem with people letting dogs roam here. My little female is beside herself. We put out cameras just in case whatever it was comes back.
I'm so sorry to here that!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom