New Free BYC iPhone & iPad App

Open your web browser (probably Safari) on your iPad and then go to www.BackYardChickens.com

You should automatically get the mobile version of the site. If not, there is a button at the very bottom of the site for "Mobile / Desktop".

The problem with using the mobile version is I don't get smileys or many of the other cool things that I get with the BYC app. With the app, the screen looks exactly like the one I see on a regular computer, while the mobile version is completely different and, for me, much harder to navigate.

I hope you keep trouble shooting the app so that eventually you figure out why the screen won't rotate. Thanks.

We unfortunately haven't been able to figure out why the screen isn't rotating in our app. The good news is that it does rotate when you use your mobile browser to access the site, and the user experience is pretty much exactly the same.
Let me pose the screen rotation question to a few guys on the UI team at work who've built a couple native apps where I know screen rotation is utilized. They interface w/ external bluetooth printers, barcode scanners, etc.. so I'm sure they'll know this one. I'd PM any details I learn. As far as the android version, I've been looking for a project to do with Apache Cordova. Not sure the extent of your IT shop.. but if it's web service calls, count me in for helping if add'l manpower is required.

Back
Top Bottom