New gamefowl thread

Is that not what the pattern is called for the brown ones without white spots?
No that is not wheaton. Wheaton is the coloration I put pics up of. That brown is the normal color of hens of the black breasted red that certain breeds of games derived from. These same breeds can and do throw wheaton hens but yours are not those

Not wheaton

IMG_20220502_160023.jpg

No that is not wheaton. Wheaton is the coloration I put pics up of. That brown is the normal color of hens of the black breasted red that certain breeds of games derived from. These same breeds can and do throw wheaton hens but yours are not those
You're right it's not Wheaton, my apologies. What I actually should of said was partridge. But I don't know if that name is used for AGF or not. I know that's what it's called bantams though....

Just had someone tell me 15 a hen is the highest people get? Is that true?
ahh the peddler mindset. Not one word on how you can better the breed or anything like that huh? I won't talk how much but mine could get into the hundreds easily. But I can assure you, you won't be getting any of mine. To you there not for sale.

Just had someone tell me 15 a hen is the highest people get? Is that true?
No way. good blood lines can go for $75-250 a dozen hatching eggs. I just gave $300 for a pair of white hackle. If you did know the history on your birds it would be a completely different story especially those green legged fowl if you had their history you could probably demand a very high price. If I was a betting man I'd go to say those green legs are ( pure) straight breed hatch of some flavor. If your in a position to keep the best trio out of them and continue to breed and improve upon them. Just think how old some of that blood might be. Abe Lincoln kept game fowl on Whitehouse true story how do you think he got his name honest Abe. Lots of history and heritage in game fowl.

No way. good blood lines can go for $75-250 a dozen hatching eggs. I just gave $300 for a pair of white hackle. If you did know the history on your birds it would be a completely different story especially those green legged fowl if you had their history you could probably demand a very high price. If I was a betting man I'd go to say those green legs are ( pure) straight breed hatch of some flavor. If your in a position to keep the best trio out of them and continue to breed and improve upon them. Just think how old some of that blood might be. Abe Lincoln kept game fowl on Whitehouse true story how do you think he got his name honest Abe. Lots of history and heritage in game fowl.

Swell

This is exactly how it happens. Now you tell Them what it could be so now it is and someone will get screwed out of money and worse goes breeding with thier chickens and ruins whatever they had unknowingly cause someone wanted to make a quick buck. Not to mention all thier work is down the drain.ots not like they can breed it out. Thanks alot

ahh the peddler mindset. Not one word on how you can better the breed or anything like that huh? I won't talk how much but mine could get into the hundreds easily. But I can assure you, you won't be getting any of mine. To you there not for sale.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Are you talking to me or the person who told me 15 was the highest I could get? I'm confused...lol

I'm no
Swell

This is exactly how it happens. Now you tell Them what it could be so now it is and someone will get screwed out of money and worse goes breeding with thier chickens and ruins whatever they had unknowingly cause someone wanted to make a quick buck. Not to mention all thier work is down the drain.ots not like they can breed it out. Thanks alot
I'm not exactly sure what your meaning by this. Have I offended you? I took in the chickens because they were in need of rescue and attention. I keep a back yard flock and breed laying hens. I am not a "peddler". What has happened is the chickens I have are meaner then all get out and they aren't going to work out here on my farm. I think it's perfectly acceptable to want to know what fair market value is on them so I can find them appropriate homes and not get ripped off in the meantime. I don't sell my egg layers for 15 a bird so 15 each for these seemed really unreasonable. I'm not trying to become a millionaire of these birds. I would rather they go to a home where someone is actually going to care for them humanely. But I also have money in these birds not only what I paid for them but the money it has cost me to care for them in the meantime and my personal time. I don't care what someone thinks they might be worth, I dont want to be ripped off when I do sell them,but I am also very aware that I have no clue what the history of these birds are and because of that couldn't possibly try to ask top dollar on when i cant guarantee anything about them. Contrary to what it seems you are thinking about me, I actually do have ethics, morals, and very strong principles that would never allow me to rip someone off or not be honest about something I'm selling. My conscious wouldn't allow it and my reputation and name is worth far more to me then anything these birds could ever bring in.

Back
Top Bottom