New gamefowl thread

Pics
Thanks, everyone, for your help. I have also considered the possibilities that my roosters are either slow maturing or just plain lacking the drive they were bred for. I will continue to keep a watchful eye on the situation, but at this point in time, I am leaning more toward the second possibility. Time will tell. I sure do hope my suspicion turns out to be correct because these have been by far the best-behaved standard-sized roosters I've had.

Or they may not be any good. If one were to challenge the other they will prolly have problems, if they were to fight neither should giv

I have grown tired of saying that to people, but yes that is also an likely option.
All I've seen so far between the gamefowl roosters is an occasional VERY brief chase. On the other hand, I have seen a couple or so actual (but once again, VERY brief) fights between the gamefowl and bantam roosters, but someone always backs down. Strange, I know...

Hi all! So I just have 1 likely gamefowl (found chicken so not something I purchased to know age or breed) that's been identified as a hen (and hopefully remains that way).

She is very interested in getting in with my flock of birds. Who are definitely standard or bantams and older ladies as at that.

This little bird was the most aggressive little thing to all of them and naturally didn't fair well (even my silkie gave her a wwe style smack down). She ran right up and tried to pick each one.... Which was you can see she's much smaller

Now that was not exactly the introduction wanted but bitty bird got loose and the only way to keep her right there was too let my ladies out so she would stay near.

Do you all have any advice on integrating her to my flock? Would she be better off rehomed to somewhere that had more gamefowl?

Not gonna lie my chickens don't free range much thanks to bring city birds but have a gorgeous 24 sq foot coop and a 60 sq foot run with enrichment activities.

Looking for any advice you have. We just want this one to be happy and not raccoon food like her original family left her for.

PXL_20230713_023903820.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230712_123954287.MP.jpg
PXL_20230719_233736470.jpg
PXL_20230713_023950869.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230713_023957028.PORTRAIT.jpg

Good day I am looking to get off of 2 this years hatch Kelso pairs. Hatched around April. I need the real estate for the spring. Medium high station pullets are wheaton all straight comb and pearl legged. 200.00 a pair no shipping but will meet somewhere reasonable. Located near Slidell, la. Mississippi border. Can send pics to private message. Also have a pair of Harold brown Greys hen is buttermilk 300.00

Back
Top Bottom