New Hampshire Breed Thread

Pics

This is my 15-week old cockerel. Who can tell me if he is a RIR or a NH?

I got my first few New Hampshires this year and they all turned out to be roosters! I sold two of them already but I decided to keep one because of this beautiful coloring. I have looked up pictures of New Hampshires and they all seemed different then my roo. He has a lot of blue/green ALL OVER! I was just wondering if this is a pretty normal trait. Here are a few pics. His name is Roady.
smile.png

A couple Reece/Germain 4 months and 1week old are really talking up a storm about wanting to lay. Eggs soon. That's pretty amazing to me that pullets that young would even think about laying.

A couple Reece/Germain 4 months and 1week old are really talking up a storm about wanting to lay. Eggs soon. That's pretty amazing to me that pullets that young would even think about laying.

gjensen said the ones he shared with the neighbors down the road took off at 19 wks. very good esp for being half meat strain huh?

Mine are looking very sporty right now but I think the hotness down here has them standing at the waterer more than the feeders now so that will set them back some I'm not an any hurry as long as they start in soon enough this fall to get a couple of experimental hatches in for growing out this winter to see how my next phase is going to turn out next season is all I am asking from them so far.

Jeff

Har and Jeff,
I set a gal up with a nice German/GS quad plus 2nd string male in case (-; from the ones I hatched in late Feb....cockerel just started crowing...females have real red combs and getting 'clucky' too...no squatting but probably in August I figure...SUPER hot here in AZ...so it may well be September...need to get pics uploaded here.
I am definitely interested in how the next generation will be.

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom