New Hampshire Breed Thread

Pics
Well it happened GOT MY FIRST EGG around five and one half months. If someone would offer there e-mail address to me so I could sweet talk my wife into taking pictures then that person could post pictures here. I will try and do that LOL

Hi Everyone, I'm new to BYC but not new to chickens. My fiance on the other hand IS new to birds and last week he brought home chicks from the local feed store. Australorps and NHs. I have no experience with NHs but I do have experience with RIRs and I was wondering if their temperament is comparable to that of a RIR and what people's general experience with the breed has been. These guys will be part of a mixed flock, some free range and will be around small children. Thanks for your input. :)

We have 4 NH and they are not nearly as social as the RIR we have or the silkies :)

Last edited:
I think labeling a breed with certain "personalities" is foolish. There is too much variety between strains/sources. It would be a better question if someone asked about a particular source, and the only way to get to know those birds is to have those birds.

That is a good point, I guess I would have to agree with you. How ever I have had three different lines and one hatchery flock. All the girls have been nice chickens. There was one rooster from a hatchery that got mean and that was about six years ago. I will stand corrected.

Back
Top Bottom