New Hampshire Breed Thread

Pics
Here are a couple of pictures of my New Hampshire Red Hens and Rooster.... They are probably the LOUDEST chickens I have... LOL... Always talking to me when I come outside and will not relent until I give them their scratch grains which they get once a day... They follow me around like puppy dogs and my Rooster is definitely the TOP DOG...

I love my NHR's... :D

Excited to read this thread tonight!!

I'm hopefully hours away from hatching some "supposedly" New hampshire's. Whatever they are I'm excited about my first chickens!

A guy at work just gave me a bunch of eggs 18 days ago!

Excited to read this thread tonight!!

I'm hopefully hours away from hatching some "supposedly" New hampshire's. Whatever they are I'm excited about my first chickens!

A guy at work just gave me a bunch of eggs 18 days ago!

Very eggsiting! I was right where you are now at the end of August. My broody hatched out 5 New Hampshire cross chicks. They have all done great. Out of 5 babies I only have one rooster, so I'm happy about that. Good luck with your upcoming hatch.

Here are a couple of pictures of my New Hampshire Red Hens and Rooster.... They are probably the LOUDEST chickens I have... LOL... Always talking to me when I come outside and will not relent until I give them their scratch grains which they get once a day... They follow me around like puppy dogs and my Rooster is definitely the TOP DOG...

I love my NHR's... :D

Your birds are beautiful !!!!

Here's my boy, he takes off each time I walk outside with the camera, so these are through the window photos. One day I'll catch him off guard and get a good photo of him...hopefully.

And one of my hens

Here's my boy, he takes off each time I walk outside with the camera, so these are through the window photos. One day I'll catch him off guard and get a good photo of him...hopefully.

And one of my hens

Nice NH's...hope you are planning to hatch from them
wink.png

And one of my hens

Wow you have some nice birds !! was the wind blowing ?

Thanks! I'm hoping to get some chicks out of these guys, I'll be separating him and my nice NH hens and putting some of my plainer NH hens in as well, I'm curious to see how he improves the line and colors in the next generation. And the wind was terrible that day, blowing his tail every which way, it seems like its always blowing out of the west or north now, never used to be so bad here but it is what it is I guess.

Thanks! I'm hoping to get some chicks out of these guys, I'll be separating him and my nice NH hens and putting some of my plainer NH hens in as well, I'm curious to see how he improves the line and colors in the next generation. And the wind was terrible that day, blowing his tail every which way, it seems like its always blowing out of the west or north now, never used to be so bad here but it is what it is I guess.
I'd put the 'plainer' hens in with him at a separate time to make sure you know what your hatching...
wink.png

I would think you would get some improvement over the plain hens...but won't be as nice as the others. there's another thread called German New Hampshires that has alot of nice NH breeders too. check it out.
Cindy

Back
Top Bottom