New Hampshire Breed Thread

Hi.. Hope all are doing great.... I'm in South Carolina.. I am looking for real deal heritage Hew Hampshires chicks, hatching eggs.... looking for thick necks... wide tails and big keels... let me know if you have anything for sale....
thanks a ton

Keith
SC

For the longest time I thought then hen on the right was a Buff Orpington. But she doesn't seem to be filling out like a BO and seems to dark in coloration. Think she might be a New Hampshire? She's 11 weeks old in this pic.

Here is one of my NH reds. The other is very elusive thanks to my anti predator coverage spots. At 14 weeks I am pretty sure this Miss i was sold is actually a Mr. So it's like a reverse Caitlyn Jenner type situation. So he goes from Henrietta to Henry. Besides that He's a lovely bird and very caring. Just hope the neighbours agree when he starts crowing.....

Last edited:
I just lost one of my NH hens. She was 3 years old and it looks like she just keeled over. Maybe the heat? She was a big hatchery hen, so maybe I need to accept that 3 years is as long as I'm going to have them. I have 7 more chicks that are 6 weeks old now (1 cockerel) from a different hatchery. I'll be interested to see how they stack up. The cockerel chick is a riot. He's in a grow out pen with my old EE rooster and two hens that are being broody broken. He's always going up to the two hens and dancing for them. At 6 weeks!!! What a character!

My nephew has named him Al Capone.

I have 2 new hampshire reds. they are a very quiet gentle bird. they are slower to cozy up too but are very sweet

Can anyone tell me of a good source for New Hampshire Reds in or near southeast MO.? I'd be interested in hatching eggs, chicks, pullets, one cockerel or whatever it takes to get started with a small flock of them. I'm going to raise Ameraucanas and my buddy wants a dual purpose, brown egg layer in his coop/runs. Any info is much appreciated. :yiipchick :D

I ordered my reds from cackle hatchery at 2 days old. I always get beautiful chicks from them cackle hatchery is in Lebanon, Mo.

Back
Top Bottom