New Hampshire Breed Thread

OSU Man, His parents look like the pics on this thread but for some reason he came out with a lot of gold on him. It is weird but he is a good roo.

Quote:
I would say that he is Show Quality.
He shows a lot of White feathers. In the tail, wing and hackels
In New Hamshire's (like R.I. Red's and Buckeyes) one or more White feathers is a DQ.

Quote:
A lot has to do with breeding. New Hampshire's are like R.I. Red's and Buckeyes in that they are a Columbian colored bird that has the White covered up/ hidden be the Red color..

Chris

Just wanted to say i've allways loved the "New Hampshire Reds" but never owned any . I've heard that a hatchery by the name of "shadyLane" has good ones (hope i got that name right) .
I'm thinking i might try to get some good ones this year - if anyone hears of any "good ones"(lol) availiable let me know ....... Thanks and you guys got some great looking birds !!!!

Shannon

Quote:
Shannon,
Mike John at Shady Lane Poultry has some good birds he all so has Poultryman's Supplies Company
I don't think he has he as many a breeds that he had back 2 or 3 years ago but he does have a good selection of Heritage and Exhibition breeds.
(When there was all that flooding in Indiana and here in Ohio a few years back he had lost a lot of his breeders and breeding pens. His farm was under a lot of water and it is good to see he up and running agin.)

Chris

Mike John at Shady Lane Poultry has some good birds he all so has Poultryman's Supplies Company
I don't think he has he as many a breeds that he had back 2 or 3 years ago but he does have a good selection of Heritage and Exhibition breeds.

I e-mailed Mr. John (I was told his name was Matt, not Mike) at Poultryman's Supply last week about New Hampshires. I have not received a reply and the Shady Lane Poultry site makes no mention of New Hampshires currently being available.

Tim​

Quote:
I e-mailed Mr. John (I was told his name was Matt, not Mike) at Poultryman's Supply last week about New Hampshires. I have not received a reply and the Shady Lane Poultry site makes no mention of New Hampshires currently being available.

Tim

LOL,
I dont know why I said Mike.
roll.png
I was thinking Matt but typed Mike...

Chris

I would say that he is Show Quality.
He shows a lot of White feathers. In the tail, wing and hackels
In New Hamshire's (like R.I. Red's and Buckeyes) one or more White feathers is a DQ.

I'm guessing from your post, he isn't show quality....​

Back
Top Bottom