New Hampshire Breed Thread

Pics
Here are my SQ bantams
31967_henely_hatchery_chicks_102.jpg

31967_henely_hatchery_chicks_103.jpg

Quote:
I think your rooster is a Buff Orpington, or a BO X NH -- he's definitely not purebred NH. New Hampshires have yellow skin and legs, and your rooster has white legs. He's very pretty, though.

And I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so I will -- the name of the breed is NOT "New Hampshire Red," it's just "New Hampshire." Just in the interest of accuracy, LOL!

Kathleen

Quote:
I think your rooster is a Buff Orpington, or a BO X NH -- he's definitely not purebred NH. New Hampshires have yellow skin and legs, and your rooster has white legs. He's very pretty, though.

And I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so I will -- the name of the breed is NOT "New Hampshire Red," it's just "New Hampshire." Just in the interest of accuracy, LOL!

Kathleen

And thats why we have this thread. You learn something new everyday.Im edit my title

Quote:
And thats why we have this thread. You learn something new everyday.Im edit my title

It's a common mistake: check this out.

Quote:

It's a common mistake: check this out.

Wow those are pretty...roosters missing a piont on his comb though

Quote:

Kathleen

Actually he does have yellow skin... The picture does look like he has white skin though...
Im sure he isnt pure bred new hampshire but i know he doesnt have any BO in him.
Edited to add: I think it might be the sun shining on him and the picture is somewhat blurry which is why it looks like he has white skin...

Last edited:
Quote:

Kathleen

Actually he does have yellow skin... The picture does look like he has white skin though...
Im sure he isnt pure bred new hampshire but i know he doesnt have any BO in him.
Edited to add: I think it might be the sun shining on him and the picture is somewhat blurry which is why it looks like he has white skin...

He's pretty, whatever he is!

Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom