New Hampshire Breed Thread

Pics
Quote:
Actually he does have yellow skin... The picture does look like he has white skin though...
Im sure he isnt pure bred new hampshire but i know he doesnt have any BO in him.
Edited to add: I think it might be the sun shining on him and the picture is somewhat blurry which is why it looks like he has white skin...

He's pretty, whatever he is!

Kathleen

Thanks
smile.png
Like i said i am sure he isnt PURE NH but he is the closest roo i have ever had to a NH. I always thought new hampshire always always had a red on the end.. guess not! Thanks for sharing your wisdom
smile.png

Quote:
He's pretty, whatever he is!

Kathleen

Thanks
smile.png
Like i said i am sure he isnt PURE NH but he is the closest roo i have ever had to a NH. I always thought new hampshire always always had a red on the end.. guess not! Thanks for sharing your wisdom
smile.png

Yeah, you're alright, as you posted earlier I'd say the lighting has more to do with the pic than anything else. He's still closer looking a NH than a BO by far IMO. A New Hampshire is supposed to be quite a bit lighter red than RIR and they are multi-colored reddish-orange as seen in your roo. And the black tail, if he had buff in him that would really mess that up also.
wink.png

The darker red birds that have been posted were the ones I was refering to as production looking birds.
roll.png

And Freeholder is correct on the name of the breed is just New Hampshire.
smile.png

catdaddy

Quote:
Thanks
smile.png
smile.png

Yeah, you're alright, as you posted earlier I'd say the lighting has more to do with the pic than anything else. He's still closer looking a NH than a BO by far IMO. A New Hampshire is supposed to be quite a bit lighter red than RIR and they are multi-colored reddish-orange as seen in your roo. And the black tail, if he had buff in him that would really mess that up also.
wink.png

The darker red birds that have been posted were the ones I was refering to as production looking birds.
roll.png

smile.png

catdaddy

I was wondering if the darker chickens on this thread where NH myself.. But i really dont knwo much about the breed so i had no idea.

Quote:
Where?

Nature's hachery! they have tons of rare and cool breeds

Nice !! I had no idea...
Hope some people place some orders !Bantams are hard to come bye
wink.png

Does anyone have experience with New Hampshires from Mt Healthy Hatcheries? I'm particularly interested in size and growth rate.

Thanks,
Tim

New Hampshire Reds are a light red bird in both Roosters and Hens , beautiful egglaying and meat producing birds. They were the very first chickens developed for Fryers in the US .

Quote:
wink.png

roll.png

smile.png

catdaddy

I was wondering if the darker chickens on this thread where NH myself.. But i really dont knwo much about the breed so i had no idea.

Here are some good comparison pictures between a New Hampshire Red and a Rhode Island Red. Before I had any NHR's I always wondered how their coloring differed. The NHR's are definitely lighter. The last pic is a NHR with a Speckled Sussex--which is a really pretty breed.

10146_dsc_0395.jpg

10146_dsc_0855.jpg

10146_dsc_0884.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom