New Hampshire Breed Thread

Pics
Im very sad to say that my New Hampshire hen (Kelly Pickler) died a week ago from a fox attack
smile.png
R.I.P.
I sure will miss my NH girl.

hi there,

my name is freckles and i don't know what i am. i sort of look like i might belong here though - i have a single comb and yellow legs with speckles of black and white, some white underfeathers, and black tail feathers. if i'm not a nhr, does anyone have any suggestions of where i might belong? i'm 2 months old today. i have already been to the sussex list, and they said no because apparently red sussex are rare (but they were on the breed site so i thought they were common). i was sort of a chipmunk looking fluffy butt.

ps sorry to hear about the fox, that is sad.

I have a cockeral & pullet, about 4 months old, I was told they were NH's. They were also supposed to be both pullets. UGH! Anyway, they're not going to fit into my plans now so if anyone is in the NE TN/SW VA area and would like them, I would be happy to give them to someone who would enjoy them.

I'll take pics of them tomorrow and post them. Right now they're in a juvie pen with my bantam Polish of the same age and they tower over them. LOL I don't want Mr. Roo to begin to mate with my bantam Polish. (now there would be some funky looking chickens!)

Laurie

yep, they came from mcmurray hatchery in the "colored egg layers" mix. i have 5 that look like her, the speckled coloring really threw me off because none of the breed pictures seemed to have it! and also i grew up with rir and was pretty sure that was not what my girls were, so this was my next guess after sussex. thanks for the help!

Quote:
she could just be a red sex link also at any rate she should lay many eggs. You live near Privett Hatchery I have heard good things about the quality of their birds if you were wanting to get more chickens.....

Quote:
she could just be a red sex link also at any rate she should lay many eggs. You live near Privett Hatchery I have heard good things about the quality of their birds if you were wanting to get more chickens.....

Shes a hatchery New Hampshire . they grow out with white on there wing feathers but they will go away soon.

Back
Top Bottom