New Hampshire Red thread!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Thank you for info! I will post a pic as soon as I can find camera, or bring little Vivi/Victor in to the computer. But after looking around I now understand this is a rooster. . . (Duh!!!!) I have found a home for him. No rooster allowed here. I'm so disappointed, and now wonder what I can introduce at this late date ( 12 or so weeks) to the other 2. Any ideas?

Although these pictures are almost two weeks old, this is June. The New Hampshire Red... we have been wondering if she is a rooster (along with Pepper behind her), they are now 8 weeks old, and we woke up to a cockadoodledoo!!! i went running out, and peeked in and it was June, the New Hampshire red. Now, people have also told me that a hen can do that... what is the likelihood that June is a hen? since the second picture, she has white feathers coming along the sides under her wings and giant black feathers coming out the tip of her tail.....

I have two nhr roosters one is nice and docile but the other is similar to yours. I have to fend him off with a stick and icannot turn my back on him or he attacks

Sagicraw: That is the kind of rooster you don't really want around. There are many NICE roosters that need homes. You can try to tolerate that...but for me when I saw the hens suffering...that was the last straw with a Partridge Rock Rooster I had with those very same qualities.

Bogtown,

that is what I was wondering. Was he just protective or is he mean? I had 3 roosters and butchered one and then this one became mean. They were both bright red headed too if that means anything. The black headed guy is mellow and never attacks people.
So if I butcher this guy can I still eat him at 2 years old or will he be too tough?

Back
Top Bottom