New Hampshire X Jersey Giant breeding experiment

m1chelle1

Crowing
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 12, 2017
East Central Florida
Hello All!!
I've got a beautiful large Blue JG roo that i want to breed with my young NH Red...to create what im calling "New Hampshire Giants".

My NH female grew fast, and is quite large and heavy. Shes even heavier than my JG female is. She has good meat on her, and is also an excellent layer. She started laying before my RIR (same age) and she grew much faster and even larger than they did. I was thinking this would be a good cross for a nice solid Duel Purpose type, that can be good on laying eggs, but the extra males would be good eating (large birds, good meat).
What do y'all think? Anyone tried this combo before? Im pretty excited to hatch their offspring and find out! :D

I only was able to get a few eggs from my NH female, and none of them hatched. I'm going to try again in October, so I will def repost then! I can also make updates as they grow up, and start laying. Im curious to see if they end up excellent layers like my NH. But to be fair, I get 5-6 eggs a week from my JG females, so thats not bad either :D:yesss:

Back
Top Bottom