This boy is the father to the buffs you got from me :

bow.gif
celebrate.gif
droolin.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
wee.gif

Does anyone have any maran chicks or hatching eggs available near Piermont?

I have THREE 2week old Black Copper Marans Chicks available and also hatching eggs(Black and Blue Copper mixed in same pen). Im not sure where Peirmont is though, it sounds up north, Im in SNH.
Just looked on mapquest looks about 2 hours oneway.

Last edited:
does anybody know of anyone giving away or selling (not super expensive) a large chicken coop or shed around Sullivan County? we built a coop last year figuring we would have about 10 chickens and then, well...... i have about 25 now... its a bit crowded in there. id be happy to take a shed! haha

also, anyone have any Cayuga or Swedish ducklings or hatching eggs? or barred rock hatching eggs?

thanks =)

does anybody know of anyone giving away or selling (not super expensive) a large chicken coop or shed around Sullivan County? we built a coop last year figuring we would have about 10 chickens and then, well...... i have about 25 now... its a bit crowded in there. id be happy to take a shed! haha

also, anyone have any Cayuga or Swedish ducklings or hatching eggs? or barred rock hatching eggs?

thanks =)

I should have some in the spring, They are the Good Sheperd line Standard Barred Plymouth Rock, eggs if you want to wait till then? If so, PM me. I'm working on setting up a project line with them, so nothing this year. I'm in northern NH though also. If you dare to have them shipped, you could try Jwhip on here and see if he is still doing any eggs this year also. Just PM him and ask. It's busy right now, so might be a bit, but he will get back to you if he has any still. Not sure if his breeding pens are still up and running ????

Oh also have a small flock of hatchery barred rocks, that I do not intend to propagate. They are one year olds, so the eggs are huge and they are prolific layers. Just a bunch of mutts though. There's been a lot of matching up, but haven't checked the eggs for fertilization but if you came up would just give you a couple dozen or so for free of those. I'm getting 12-13 eggs out of 14 hens regularly.

I just sell them for eating to cover feed costs.

For now and until the grant is renewed which may not be until July this is what it will require according to Cindy at the Dept of Agri.

"And yes, the 2013 grant ended March 31st. We have applied for the 2014 grant, but it’s hard to say when that will be finalized and approved, may not be until July when the State’s fiscal year starts again. Until then the fee is 25.00 for the first 50 birds, .50/bird over 50, and for 2014 the round-trip mileage is .56/mile from Concord."

blackbird13. I called and inquired but they never told me the grant might start in July? Just that by March the grant usually had run out.
hmm.png
I guess I just assumed that they got it the first of the year. Do they have a waiting list or something like it, for when the grant comes in? Would be awesome to have it done in the summer/fall months. Was wondering how on earth I was going to clean everything out in the winter/snow. Thanks for the info and any additional info too
big_smile.png

blackbird13. I called and inquired but they never told me the grant might start in July? Just that by March the grant usually had run out.
hmm.png
I guess I just assumed that they got it the first of the year. Do they have a waiting list or something like it, for when the grant comes in? Would be awesome to have it done in the summer/fall months. Was wondering how on earth I was going to clean everything out in the winter/snow. Thanks for the info and any additional info too
big_smile.png
they will be here at my place on Monday

we already have 1/2 of the coops all cleaned out , new pine shaving on the floors

on sunday all of the adult birds will get a warm bath rite after we have breakfast.

Quote:
She did say it ran out in March but the July was a guessimation of when it might come in, if it did. They usually get it every year but I guess it might take time for it to kick in once it goes through
hu.gif
I don't think she meant it as definite date so to speak. I hope it comes in as I'd like to have my birds tested again in the fall so I don't have to worry about it in the early spring. I don't think I want to do the summer. I did mine in April in the muck and poop soup but they've seen worse and my birds are healthy so all is good. But I only had 2 coops to worry about.

She did say it ran out in March but the July was a guessimation of when it might come in, if it did. They usually get it every year but I guess it might take time for it to kick in once it goes through
hu.gif
I don't think she meant it as definite date so to speak. I hope it comes in as I'd like to have my birds tested again in the fall so I don't have to worry about it in the early spring. I don't think I want to do the summer. I did mine in April in the muck and poop soup but they've seen worse and my birds are healthy so all is good. But I only had 2 coops to worry about.

Just called and spoke to Cindy and they have been approved, and just asking people to call after the 1st of July to see if they have the $$ yet and set up appt's. Hoping to set up something for Sept? As all the chicks will be six months by then. That would be sooo much better than the middle of the winter, as I don't heat the coops, and would be much harder to get things ready and for the person coming also. Yeahhh thanks sooo much for the info
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom