New here please help

hello and welcome!
Do you already have the two week olds and four week olds together?
did you see the eight month old is a drake?
Are your two and four week old sexed?

You may still have problems even after they get used to each other and get along because you don’t want the older Drake to mate with any young females until they’re at least four months old

i’m thinking if they’re not sexed and you have a mixture of Drake‘s in your two and four week olds, you may be able to voice sex them when they’re maybe 5 to 6 weeks old which we could help you with and then put some Drakes in with your mature Drake, so he’s not lonely anymore but I wouldn’t let the older Drake mix in with the females until they’re four to five months old (five months is better)

Last edited:
I am very sorry about the loss of your little duck.

Disclaimer: My experience with ducks is limited to runners; I've never had Pekins. But, I agree with @Jenbirdee about keeping the older drake away from the youngsters. Even my mild-mannered runner drakes go crazy with hormones, especially in the spring, and get far too excited about "romancing" the girls.

For MOST of the year, my two drakes hang out together without incident. But mating competition overtook last month, and the younger one sustained a wing injury in a squabble with the other drake. The wing, which hung limply at his side, luckily wasn't broken. But the infection went down to the bone and has meant a month's worth of twice-daily antibiotics.

Best wishes with integrating everyone, and welcome to BYC. Let us know how things progress, please.

:welcome it's good that you have joined us

I tend to agree with @janiedoe
Seeing each other but kept apart.

Plus while keeping them at a distance but able to see each other, I would try sharing some of their favourite foods to make them feel that they are interacting.
With introducing my chickens I also let the new ones look around the main coop then put them back into their temporary area when the old girls went back into their home coop, so they got used to the scent of each other.

Hi 👋 and welcome to BYC ! Glad you asked these questions, not only will you get good advise but I was given 4 ducklings for my birthday and I'm going to need all the information i can get. :thumbsup :welcome
1000043989.jpg

Back
Top Bottom