New here!

If that's what you want to do, go ahead. Temporarily move them to the other bator, get the chick out and then you can swap back, leaving the chick in the other bator.
There's no water down there as I checked, so, it's actually fine for now, I hope?

It's chirping louder than ever. I did help it a bit, I hope I didn't kill any.

If there's no water in the bottom where the chick is, then get your other bator ready, move everyone to it. then you can choose which bator to finish the eggs in. It's okay of the temp and humidity drop for a bit with the eggs. Mama hen will get up, go eat, drink, poop and dust bath prior to returning to the nest.

May I'm going to leave the computer for about an hour. I have to feed my birds and check the mail. You should be fine until I get back. Please get me some candling pictures. It's best done with a bright light in a dark room. Shine the light on the pointy end of the egg and take a pic of the top and side of the egg.

Welcome to BYC! I’m so excited to see you joined! This wonderful community of poultry keepers and experts will be very happy to answer whatever questions you may have ☺️
2597B463-677F-4157-AC36-DFECF544032A.png

Putting it here..

None of the other eggs ever hatched. I candled them, it seems they never pipped through the membrane at all.

The one that did survive, the one I stupidly named.. I had to put down a day or two later. It only drank when I held it to the water, it barely moved.. It was only suffering.

I'm not quite sure what to do. I feel like a failure, I let them down.. So I'm a bit worried about looking for chicks in the area too. I'd really like to.. I'm just.. I don't know. That was all a bit traumatic and I'm just scared and worried at this point.

Good morning May. You are not a failure. :hugs

Starting with live chicks is a lot easier. Just make sure you have your brooder setup before you get them. Look into a heat plate or mama heating pad for your heat source as it's much safer.

You didn't let your chicks down. You had equipment issues that created a problem you weren't capable of fixing. I know it's heart breaking, but the joy of baby chicks will make it all better. I hope you'll try again.

Back
Top Bottom