new in georgia

chasot

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 16, 2008
georgia
Hi I am new to the site and new to the whole chicken thing(well raising and egg laying)
I've been eating both for 40 yrs.

I have jumped in and have ordered 8 rhode island red hens on the way now. I think I have the right box,heat light, food etc. to get by the next few weeks.

I have an old portable construction office I want to convert to the hen house. I have ZERO
ideas on how! and slightly better than avg. carpentry skills.

Anyway would like to say Hi and I hope I'm in the right area of the site.

Chas

Well, I get to be the first to welcome you... WELCOME!!! You will find many individuals here to help in every manner possible. There are a lot of well educated people here. I personally have learned a lot from this wonderful group of fellow chicken-holics...lol Good luck with your new hobby, pasttime, obsession...lol (in my case...obsession...lol)

Hey Chas Hi from just over the boarder in Florida. We started with a few RIR's too now too many to count 100 or more lol Good luck We are currently building another coop as well check out the coop building section you will get some good ideas. Just remember here in the south to ventilate that coop

welcome-byc.gif
! I am in fayetteville hope you enjoy this forum!

Welcome, Im in Acworth Ga. You will love the folks here they are all so nice with so many great ideas.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom