New Jersey

I have two white Jersey giant roos to rehome if anyone is interested. They are 9 months old.

They are handsome but too big for my poor bantam hens.

Last edited:
Do you have an extra olive egger by chance. I just went to my local barnyard sanctuary (yes i added 2 more to my flock) and they had two but had already been sold. My son fell in love with them. Very cute bird. I got him a job there. Not sure if that was a good thing or bad.

I've searched the forum a little, but does anybody know the dates for any NJ poultry shows...like the Sussex County Poultry Fair or whatnot? I went last year and that is when I bought my chickens. It was in mid-may. Are there any before then? Thanks!

I've searched the forum a little, but does anybody know the dates for any NJ poultry shows...like the Sussex County Poultry Fair or whatnot? I went last year and that is when I bought my chickens. It was in mid-may. Are there any before then? Thanks!

Sussex is the only open show for adults, in May and October. The next show that is closest - that I know of and attend - is Delmarva on April 4-5, in Harrington, DE. You can check out all of the shows around the country on www.poultryshowcentral.com. Remember to always go on the Saturday of a two-day show, as Sundays are basically exhibitors waiting to pack up and get home. They're almost always over by eleven on Sundays, and the sales areas are long since picked clean.

Hello,

I'm new. We are closing next month on our house in Cape May County (Lower Township) it is a half an acre colonial.

I was hoping to build a chicken run on the side of the house over the summer and next winter to get chicks this time in 2015. But it looks like you are required by zoning for the township to have a full acre to have chickens. I'm going to try and get this changed. I really wanted to have chickens.

Back
Top Bottom