New Jersey

I have to agree with everyone above.
In all I purchased 3 dozen (plus extras) shipped fertile hatching eggs. Spent $55 on first dozen NONE hatched. Spent $35 on second dozen my 3 babies were the only that hatched from that batch. Spent $40 on third dozen& again NONE hatched. But thats the risk on shipped eggs.
howdy... 

my is name is Megan, I'm from Northern New Jersey "Bergen County" I'm looking purchase fertile eggs (chicken) to incubate in my incubator. My recent hatch was an epic fail... 2 dozen eggs....all died in egg. I spent $7.00 per dozen on the eggs totalling $14.00. 

Is there any body from Bergen County or close to Bergen County that have fertile eggs for sale? 

I'm a little different on the other end and know this is abnormal! But out of 16 shipped, 16 developed and 15 hatched. My broody had one crushed... This is why I'm now leary of shipped cause now I have too many babies!! Lol!

I am across the river PA Bucks County)and Maybe would be interested in a gentle calm rooster,
How do I reach you.
L

Hey guys unfortunately I just discovered one of my Americana chicks is a rooster. I thought I bought all pullets. I can't have a rooster because of the noise he is making and because I know know why keeps attacking my hens. I am upset to have to give him up because I raised him since 1 day old. If anyone in South Jersey has a pullet or a Americana young hen. I will gladly trade a healthy rooster. Or if I can't find a trade then I will gladly let him go to a good home.

Hatched 05/23/14
I'm 95% sure he's a boy.
Full Size Polish Tolbunt (NOT bantam)
he is smooth feathered but came from frizzle possible eggs so I may be wrong but i believe he can reproduce frizzle chicks.
Free to good loving home (pick up only from 07035)

Here are some pictures I found on Google of what he could look like full grown

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I recently got hooked on chickens. Sadly all 5 of my chicks turned out to be roosters. I was sad to see them go today, but i can't keep roos. AND Who in the world needs 5 roos and no hens?

Anyway, Im now in search of some new hens. I was thinking about ordering online and was wondering if there was anyone out there that was thinking about it too. Maybe we can go half on an order? I know a lot of sites have a minimum, and i don't need 15 chicks. So if anyones interested PM me. Or if anyone has anything for sale PM me, please. Female only.

I have bought small numbers of birds from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. I don't think they have a minimum this time of year and I've always gotten nice, healthy birds and they have a really good sexing rate with me. Out of maybe 20 chicks (in 4 or so orders) I've gotten from them I NEVER got a rooster from them! You end up paying more for shipping than for the birds but it was worth it to me to not get unwanted roosters.

We got our girls at Jersey Chicken in Jackson, NJ. I think their policy is that they will take the roosters back if they are sexed incorrectly.

Back
Top Bottom