New Jersey

Is there anyone in Bergen County that wants Leghorns and RIR / Leghorn Mix chicks?
I have 4 Male Leghorns and 5 female Leghorns/RIR chicks... I believe they are male and female cause the male are bigger then the female which are smaller in size.

$5.00 a chick.i provide transport 1/2 way to meet in a public spot. (Library/store etc.)
They come with a bag of feed if you buy all 9 chicks.

I am a pretty recent newcomer to BYC and thought I'd chime in. I am in south jersey( Cumberland County) and we have a few chickens. We had a white leghorn that was being picked on this past winter. So I separated her from the other 4 RIR's and rooster. Something (still not sure what it was) got her. They pulled her under fencing that was so small. I never would have thought they could have pulled her out under it, but they did. I found feathers, but never found anything else a distance away.
Well, just thought I'd say hi to my fellow jerseyans

Welcome and sorry about your leghorn. We lost 4 out of 6 of our chickens about a week or so ago. It stinks. The not knowing is awful. Shadow's right- so much info can be found here. Welcome!:frow

Welcome to BYC. I am close by in Salem Co. I believe a racoon can pull a chicken under a fence. They have been known to rip off heads and limbs through a fence. I have baby ducks for sale. I have pekin, welsh harlequin and mixed. Sooo cute!

Thank you for the warm welcome. This site is great. I have been reading a lot of interesting things so far. Wow, sorry about the loss of your chickens, llandry.
This isn't about chickens, but two days ago I had a black rat snake wrapped around a bird feeder pole just waiting for a bird to land. Now the birds aren't going to the feeder as much and I don't blame them!

I am a pretty recent newcomer to BYC and thought I'd chime in. I am in south jersey( Cumberland County) and we have a few chickens. We had a white leghorn that was being picked on this past winter. So I separated her from the other 4 RIR's and rooster. Something (still not sure what it was) got her. They pulled her under fencing that was so small. I never would have thought they could have pulled her out under it, but they did. I found feathers, but never found anything else a distance away.
Well, just thought I'd say hi to my fellow jerseyans

I'm in South Jersey too! Atlantic county but bordering Cumberland and Cape May Counties... I feel your pain, we lost 4 of our girls over the winter including our favorite.

Hi guys, I live in Salem County, just outside of Cumberland County. been a member for a little while and use this site to get a lot of knowledge and info about chickens before we decided to get some chickens. We have 6 California White Leghorns and 6 Golden Sex Links. Sitting on the deck watching them scratch and peck is a great way to relax and I'm looking forward to getting more birds in the future. Also looking forward to getting some eggs next month!

Back
Top Bottom