New Jersey

So, I saw my one hen nesting for a while, (not in a box), and she screamed at me when I touched her. I was afraid she was going broody, but no. She managed to lay 3 eggs! Seriously, they came out one after the other. Why would she lay 3 eggs at once? Is that normal?

So, I saw my one hen nesting for a while, (not in a box), and she screamed at me when I touched her. I was afraid she was going broody, but no. She managed to lay 3 eggs! Seriously, they came out one after the other. Why would she lay 3 eggs at once? Is that normal?

OUCH! Is she a new layer? My guess would be her plumbing is just getting organized and trying to get the hang of things. I would hope it wouldn't continue like that, if it did I think becoming egg bound would be a possibllity down the road.

She started a few weeks ago. That has never happened before, but I'm not sure if she has layed the last two days. My Silkie has been broody in this hen's nest box, so she hasn't been able to use it. She is a bantam Easter Egger.

Poor girl! My first thought was maybe she was egg bound?

My BO has stopped laying I'm assuming for the winter. My BR is laying the largest egg! They are huge. I can't tell if she's laying one daily or if my RIR has finally started to lay and they're alternating days. I'm anxiously waiting for the day there's two eggs in the nest so i'll know for sure.

Happy new year everyone!

Now that I looked closely, only two of the eggs were hers. The other was my other EEs, however she also laid one in the nest box. Which means, that both my EEs laid two eggs in one day. Strange...

Happy new year everyone! Back from our honeymoon and my babies doubled in size!! And Marsie is still doing well!!!!

Happy new year everyone! Back from our honeymoon and my babies doubled in size!! And Marsie is still doing well!!!!

Congrats!! Hope the honeymoon was someplace warm because it sure is getting cold here. I'm glad marsie and the others are well.

It's now 12:47. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

Back
Top Bottom