New Jersey

do you knwo anything about belvedere (warren county)
dads seen a house he likes there a little over an acre, price is right, and it looks o the map to be just outside of town limits...

yeah he communte an hour one way to work right now so hes thinking thats about his max...and he knows traffic is bad getting into bridgewater.

Belvidere is a nice little town. I went to high school there. It's a small town, surrounded by farms, and very Victorian. Definitely beautiful homes there! I wouldn't want to live near the school though, but definitely a great town for walking around. Not sure how far it is from bridgewater though. Probably close to 45-50 minutes. I believe they allow chickens, but not sure if there are ordinances within the town. Outside of the town should be fine.

Last edited:
Cape May County 4H

Poultry Showmanship Clinic May 4, 2013 10 AM

Richard Hickman will be doing a Poultry Showmanship Clinic on May 4th from 10 AM to noon. He will be demonstrating the basics and finer points of Poultry Showmanship for poultry 4Hers as well as anyone else interested in how to show a bird.

Please bring a picnic lunch because our Showmanship Clinic will be followed by:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Poultry Disease/Parasite Clinic May 4, 2013 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Peter Brown, the "Chicken Doctor", owner of First State Vet Supply, is willing to do a poultry disease/parasite clinic May 4th at 1 PM and will be available after the presentation for questions. He will be showing slides and discussing CRD, Coccidiosis, Marek's and possibly LT as well as mites, scaly leg, bumblefoot and chicken lice and their treatment.
Because we are a 4H Club association he is willing to do this at no charge.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]From Peter
I have been Doctoring Poultry since I was 14 years old. That now puts me at
about 53 years of doing this come this April. I have an Associate degree in
Agriculture from the State University of New York Agricultural and Technical
College at Farmingdale. I received that degree as a result of taking every
Agricultural Course that they had at the time.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I went from College to upstate New York and managed the Avian Bates Poultry
Farm in Wurtsboro,NY. From there I went on to become Vice President of all
Live Production for Rose Acres Farms in Seymour Indiana. I then went on and
did a short stint with The Indiana Farm Bureau in Indianapolis,IN as the
director of their Poultry Division. I then became a Territory Manager for
Salisbury Labs., which later became Solvay Labs. Approximately 10 years
later I went on my own doing what I currently do.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]He is willing to bring his new Poultry Emergency kits if anyone would like to purchase them. One is vitamins and medications with instructions that will get you by for a few days until you can consult with a vet (he does phone consultations) and the other, if it is ready in time, will have basic emergency needs such as tube feeding equipment and illustrated instructions, scalpels, vetwrap and sutures (this kit is in the works and I do not have a complete list of what it will contain or when it will be available).[/FONT]

For more information please call 609-465-5115

I'm so happy you had a good hatch, they are very cute! I think with naked necks...either you love them or you hate them. Their mother is my mom's chicken - she's always LOVED naked animals so I got her a turken chick last year when I ordered from Ideal. Well - I ordered 3 chicks, hoping one would be black since it's her favorite color. And there were 2 buff and one black, she was so happy! I did find a pic of their mom, when she was a baby, I think this was taken last summer. She lost most of those brown tips as an adult. Right now her back is really bare, I just got her one of those chicken skirt things so she can grow some feathers back!
this chicken is growing on me. I found myself going back and looking at quite a few times since you posted it. :)

this chicken is growing on me. I found myself going back and looking at quite a few times since you posted it. :)
I hate to say it, but my family would be freaked out by it. They would not understand and my three year old would be relentless with the questions of What, Why and How. I still can't believe that haven't questioned why there are chickens living in the front room still.

I hate to say it, but my family would be freaked out by it. They would not understand and my three year old would be relentless with the questions of What, Why and How. I still can't believe that haven't questioned why there are chickens living in the front room still.

my hubby likes them but he likes muscovy ducks too. he likes the bizarre

I NEED HELP!!!! We just got a chance to go to atlanta for a week in June. I will still have chicks in the brooder. Will anyone chick sit?
fl.gif
I would bring them to you. I will be more than happy to pay someone. The dates are 5/30 to 6/10 I have someone to take care of the outside crew but she doesn't feel comfortable with the chicks Please let me know.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom