New Jersey

Thanks so much for your response. I am in NJ between Berlin and Voorhees I love my chicks, who would have known! If you told me even 6 months ago I would be doing this I would have said you were crazy Where did you get your chicks? I am going to be looking for 2 more hens soon. Need to be sure I get hens and not roosters! The thought of re homing one of my roosters is really hard for me I just adore them I really appreciate your response Thanks again

Welcome to the world of chickens. I have only had chickens since August. I started with 2, got a third and then a fourth. It truly is an obsession of a hobby. I'm always thinking of ways to improve my coops and things I can add. Here's my 4.

Thanks so much for your response. I am in NJ between Berlin and Voorhees I love my chicks, who would have known! If you told me even 6 months ago I would be doing this I would have said you were crazy Where did you get your chicks? I am going to be looking for 2 more hens soon. Need to be sure I get hens and not roosters! The thought of re homing one of my roosters is really hard for me I just adore them I really appreciate your response Thanks again

I'm up in Warren County. I got my hens from a lovely lady in Oxford NJ from her flock; she was downsizing to a goal number to over-witer on her farm. Sweet healthy beautiful birds that are laying for me very well so far. I have three more coming this week including a 5 week marans! so excited
love.gif

Glad to see that there is a lot of chicken lovers in NJ . Find it so strange that in the Garden State so few people belong to the breeders clubs. We are members of the Welsumer club and have found no other ones, would love to swap out different bloodlines, even in the Ameraucana's breeders club I only found 3 others and they are all North. We are located in South Jersey, tri county of Glouster/ Cumberland/Salem. We also have a young flock of Barnevelders that I am going to sell eggs from next year.

I am dealing with the immediate problem of finding out that one of my silkies is a roo. He is a sweet little guy I am thinking about 4-5 mo old any advice on re-homing him would be greatly appreciated. I feel as though I am giving away one of my children!! I know now to get only hens in the future! I was not planning on having a roo but will keep my older one Marty. (previously Mary) I guess I need some education in telling the boys from the girls, though I did read that with silkies it is a little harder to know

I see you have a doggie and he gets along with the chicks! That is so great. I only had my chicks for about 3 days when my 16 year old nearly blind husky pried open the coop and killed one of my chicks. I cant tell you how horrible I felt, they are so vulnerable. My cat on the other hand is like a guardian over the girls. He is always watching over them and they are comfortable around him too This was such a sad lessons for me Currently looking to rehome my second roo, again a learning experience in purchasing chicks, I now am a little wiser!

Back
Top Bottom