New Jersey

Thank you for posting. I know that it has been publicized on my local radio station.
thumbsup.gif
Hopefully they will find homes for them, poor things glad they were rescued.

Hey All! Somewhere in the Woodlands of NJ. But alas! It is time. My coop is weeks away from being complete and I need some suggestions on where to purchase some hens. A few months old, preferably.

Any leads?
Looking for about 10 hens, all different breeds. However, no silkies.

Thanks!!!!
Erica

I'm hoping a fellow New Jerseyan can help me out.

To make a long story short I have a 2-3 year old Polish hen that needs a good home where she'll be loved. Due to my current situation, I can't get anymore chickens. And her coop mate, my Silkie Pumpkin, passed about a month ago. My Polish, Masha, is super depressed and it's breaking my heart.
I had 2 Silkies and when one died a little while back, I decided to get Pumpkin a friend. Got an EE that was a few months old. Pumpkin was a bit of a brat even though she was born here. And after awhile the EE turned on her. I found the EE a good home through here.

Being Pumpkin was alone, I decided to get a hen that was a few years old and calmer. Masha is a GREAT bird. Pumpkin would peck at her because she wanted to sunbathe where Masha was and Masha just took it. She's never pecked at me and is very easy to handle.

The crappy thing is that she wasn't taken care of from where I got her. Unbeknownst to me, as I wasn't that familiar with crested breeds, she was infested with lice and mites. I got rid of them and she hasn't had them since. (I got her last September so after a few different methods, she's clear of them for months). She did have bumble foot and she was such a trooper through all that. She may have a little left and would not give her to anyone with any issues. I'm also putting stuff on her legs and feet for leg mites. From what I understand and been told, her immune system may be down a little because of the infestation.

I can promise you that she gets the best care and food here, including treats like zucchini, watermelon, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, etc. My animals are everything to me and since Pumpkin passed, no matter what I do, she is so, so sad. Put watermelon out for her today and she didn't even touch it. Whereas before, her and Pumpkin would finish half a zucchini in a half hour.

I'm begging for someone to give her a loving home. If my situation was different, I wouldn't be typing this. Believe me. I'm in Ocean County and would drive the whole state if I had to. Of course, I would want whoever to see her and look her over before taking her.

All day long I think of her and how sad she is sitting in the run alone. If anyone could help, you would not only be fixing her heart, but mine as well. And she is starting to molt right now as well. I want to be honest about everything as, for me, that's the only way to do things. I was even thinking of bringing her back where I got her, but I don't think many of his birds get very good treatment and that would only worry me more. In fact, I don't think she had grass, to eat or walk on, until she came here.

Sorry it became kind of long. Please, please help her, and me. I've cried numerous times over this and I'm losing hope.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm praying someone can help.
2764.png

Natasha

Natasha- I'm soo sorry to hear about Masha. We have a full coop right now and are unable to take in another. I wish you the best of luck. You sound like a great chicken mom!

Why don't you get her a friend or two?

I'm hoping a fellow New Jerseyan can help me out.

To make a long story short I have a 2-3 year old Polish hen that needs a good home where she'll be loved. Due to my current situation, I can't get anymore chickens. And her coop mate, my Silkie Pumpkin, passed about a month ago. My Polish, Masha, is super depressed and it's breaking my heart.
I had 2 Silkies and when one died a little while back, I decided to get Pumpkin a friend. Got an EE that was a few months old. Pumpkin was a bit of a brat even though she was born here. And after awhile the EE turned on her. I found the EE a good home through here.

Being Pumpkin was alone, I decided to get a hen that was a few years old and calmer. Masha is a GREAT bird. Pumpkin would peck at her because she wanted to sunbathe where Masha was and Masha just took it. She's never pecked at me and is very easy to handle.

The crappy thing is that she wasn't taken care of from where I got her. Unbeknownst to me, as I wasn't that familiar with crested breeds, she was infested with lice and mites. I got rid of them and she hasn't had them since. (I got her last September so after a few different methods, she's clear of them for months). She did have bumble foot and she was such a trooper through all that. She may have a little left and would not give her to anyone with any issues. I'm also putting stuff on her legs and feet for leg mites. From what I understand and been told, her immune system may be down a little because of the infestation.

I can promise you that she gets the best care and food here, including treats like zucchini, watermelon, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, etc. My animals are everything to me and since Pumpkin passed, no matter what I do, she is so, so sad. Put watermelon out for her today and she didn't even touch it. Whereas before, her and Pumpkin would finish half a zucchini in a half hour.

I'm begging for someone to give her a loving home. If my situation was different, I wouldn't be typing this. Believe me. I'm in Ocean County and would drive the whole state if I had to. Of course, I would want whoever to see her and look her over before taking her.

All day long I think of her and how sad she is sitting in the run alone. If anyone could help, you would not only be fixing her heart, but mine as well. And she is starting to molt right now as well. I want to be honest about everything as, for me, that's the only way to do things. I was even thinking of bringing her back where I got her, but I don't think many of his birds get very good treatment and that would only worry me more. In fact, I don't think she had grass, to eat or walk on, until she came here.

Sorry it became kind of long. Please, please help her, and me. I've cried numerous times over this and I'm losing hope.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm praying someone can help.
2764.png

Natasha

Back
Top Bottom