New Jersey

Pics
Just survived the Burlington County Farm Fair. We had 110 heat index and surprisingly no bird fatalities. We were constantly spritzing them to keep them cool. The last day was the worst and had to cancel our Open Poultry Show because of the heat. Many birds went home early for their safety.
sad.png
Hope it's cooler for the rest of you.

Hey guys! I don’t know why it didn't occur to me sooner to post in the NJ thread. I’m originally from South Jersey but I live a little west of Raleigh, NC now. I normally go home once or twice in the summer but I didn’t this year because of the chicks. I might have to sneak up for a weekend in the fall before the OC boardwalk shuts down for the season. I need some macaroons. And some cannoli. And some salt water taffy. And some caramel corn. Okay - I need to stop thinking about boardwalk food NOW before I load up the chicks and start driving.

Dreamwallaby – so sorry to hear about your favorite hen. Mine are 5 weeks old and I am very worried about my friendliest EE girl. “She” has legs like tree trunks already.
fl.gif

Anyone need a beautiful Amerileg rooster. I am now in desperate mode for this rooster. Bought him as a pullet, he became a cockeral and there is no way my neighbors are going to put up with this. He was singing at 3 in the afternoon!! He was our favorite and I am pretty upset, but he needs to go before all my chickens end up in trouble.
He is all white Ameracauna / Leghorn cross. He has the muffs/beard and loves blueberries.

Anyone Anyone ANyone ???????
I have him on craigslist and a call into 4H, so far nothing
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

dreamwallaby - Don't forget to post him on the BYC auction thread. You can also post a picture of him there. So sorry about your roo.

Quote:
If you think you can hold on to him until October, you can try to sell him at the poultry show in Sussex County on October 23rd. Be forewarned, that there are many roos that go unsold, and a lot go to the auction man because of the very problem you are having. I am watching a couple of my "pullets" right now who are starting to look suspicious - if they are not female, I'll be in the same boat. My neighbors can handle a banty roo, but not large fowl!

If you're not a member of the club, send me your contact info on a PM and I'll get the secretary to send you the form. Everyone on this list should be in the club - for only $6, you can't beat it!

Quote:
You managed to escape as well??? LOL You don't escape SJ, it's in your blood and part of who you are. Where abouts inSJ? I grew up in Millville but have been down here in NC (Charlotte area) for just about 20years now. Haven't been back in 2 years because of medical issues but hoping to go in the fall before they get any snow. Man did they get hit bad last year. Folks back home got hit with what may have been a tornado a few weeks back. Messed up a part of the old cemetary in town pretty bad.

You gotta go back every now and then to get all the stuff you can't get down here. Real Italian Bread!! Crusty on the outside, soft in the middle. Husband ate an entire loaf one night when I brought it home, lol. TasteyKakes!! Sometimes you can pick them up at Walmart but living in SJ they were FRESH!! and a better selection!! My Ma still send them to grandkids in Chicago, lol. Soft Pretzels!! They aren't the same as you can get on the corners in Philly. And a Sub! Not a Hogie, or Grinder, or Submarine, but a good ol' fashion Sub!! With real deli meats made either local or shipped down from Philly or NY where they know what a real deli sandwich is!!

Hi all, another NJ - Denville, Morris County. I have 6, 2 silkies a roo and a hen, 1 Copper Maran, 1 Red Star, 1 Leghorn, and 1 Ameracauna all hens. So far just the Red Star and the Leghorn lay regularily, the Ameracauna is starting to lay.

Quote:
You managed to escape as well??? LOL You don't escape SJ, it's in your blood and part of who you are. Where abouts inSJ? I grew up in Millville but have been down here in NC (Charlotte area) for just about 20years now. Haven't been back in 2 years because of medical issues but hoping to go in the fall before they get any snow. Man did they get hit bad last year. Folks back home got hit with what may have been a tornado a few weeks back. Messed up a part of the old cemetary in town pretty bad.

You gotta go back every now and then to get all the stuff you can't get down here. Real Italian Bread!! Crusty on the outside, soft in the middle. Husband ate an entire loaf one night when I brought it home, lol. TasteyKakes!! Sometimes you can pick them up at Walmart but living in SJ they were FRESH!! and a better selection!! My Ma still send them to grandkids in Chicago, lol. Soft Pretzels!! They aren't the same as you can get on the corners in Philly. And a Sub! Not a Hogie, or Grinder, or Submarine, but a good ol' fashion Sub!! With real deli meats made either local or shipped down from Philly or NY where they know what a real deli sandwich is!!

Seriously???? Seriously?????? Seriously??????????????? As in Millville - home of the Thunderbolts - NJ? Then you must mean the possible tornado that tore up Mount Pleasant cemetery, shut down Sharp Street (but the Wawa stayed open!), etc.??? Are we speaking of the same fabulous town that has five - count 'em - five glorious Wawa's??? And so maybe you're talking about the subs you get at Holly City Deli? Located in the heart of South Jersey - a place where you have a choice of about 20 different kinds of meatballs in the freezer case at the ACME and most of them you wouldn't be ashamed to pass off as your own? That Millville??? GET OUT!!!!! My entire family is from Millville and most of them are still there!

PM me when you get a chance. If I don't know you I probably know of you!

Back
Top Bottom