New Jersey

Pics
Ok people - who is offering to have a NJ Chickenstock? Ideal spot would have plenty of room for folks to plop down cages for birds being traded or sold, and places to sit around and chit-chat. Good parking is a must. I'd offer, but I'm not working right now, plus we're under construction, so this summer's not a good time. I'd really like to meet everyone here face-to-face! (Well, those I haven't met!)

I wish I could! I had so much fun the one time I hosted it. I'll be away at an internship most of the summer though. Definitely keep me updated if someone decides to host one though!

I'd love to go to a NJ Chickenstock
smile.png

Are we allowed to get some sort of public grounds to do this? A public park where we could rent out or request part of the grounds for the day? Veteran's Park in Hamilton is quite nice.

Quote:
It tends to be hard to get the money ahead of time from so many people. I have a great park near me, too, but it's almost $400 up front. That's a big part of the reason that they're held at someone's house, or, ideally, a farm.

How many have been held by BYCers? Anyone not frequently on the boards (who may not see this thread) who have held one in the past who may be interested in doing it again??
smile.png

Quote:
Do you mean in general? Or from NJ? Because I've held two - one success, one bomb. (Except for the few that showed - we had a great time!) And, Chickerdoodle held one several years ago that was a great time!

I've been to four large Chickenstocks lately- way bigger than I can host. There are Chickenstock's held all over the country - under the Chickenstock and Shows thread you'll see them listed.

I meant NJ because we were recently talking about a NJ chickenstock in this thread.

I will check out the other posts, though.

Shout out to any Salem County peeps! I am in Carneys Point with my pack (2 retired greyhounds, HHL crested, cat, 1 skin toddler and tolerant hubby!)

I organize event for my greyhound rescue... I'd be happy to help put a chick-a-palooza together in the Salem county area - or up 295 towards Pennsauken/Cherry Hill. I have hosted parties/bbq up to 80 comfortably in my backyard too
wink.png

I am a newbie - so new that my coop deolivers next week and I haven't even research my breeds yet - so any help/tidbits/pointers from my Jersey peeps are much appreciated
smile.png

My introduction is posted if you want to check out me and the family!

Back
Top Bottom