New Jersey

Pics
Quote:
Apparently, they are taken. Thanks for posting this!

Good to know! I was trying to figure out how I'd get there.
th.gif

SEWELL NJ< SEWELL NJ< SEWELL NJ

I have been looking online for information on keeping and raising chickens. Does anyone have this information or anyone in the area that can help me get started?????
Thanks in advance, this place is great!

Pennsville NJ, 10 minutes from cowtown. ride on down from sewell it is less then 20min away. more critters then carter has liver pills

Welcome new peeps!

ez - There is almost no information about having chickens that is not located somewhere on this website. Take the time to do some serious walking through the threads - you won't be sorry.

duck - That's a lot of critters!
big_smile.png
What do you have the most of?

Mame1616 Thanks for the welcome!
I have been looking but I cant find any info about sewell nj,
there are towns near that say you can and some say you cant. If I can find someone in my area, that would be great!
Thank again!
ez.....

when I look at my post I guess what I really wanted was not clearly stated......sorry:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Quote:
Have a look around in here http://twp.washington.nj.us/content/73/101/default.aspx
Click on township code right at the top. I don't know how your property is zoned or/if it is under one the 3 residential code sections....
roll.png
but there is a heck of a lot of regulations and unnessisary junk in there Oy!
i think I found out ..at least where to look..so far I have found for Ag zoning anyways ........
§ 285-218 Permitted uses.

Agricultural uses, farm houses and usual farm buildings shall be permitted without restriction, except as set forth in § 285-219 . Permitted farm uses shall consist of the following:

A. The tilling of the soil; the raising of crops, fruits and vegetables; greenhouses and nurseries.
B. The storage, packing and marketing of fruits and vegetables produced on the premises.
C. The hatching and raising on a commercial scale of poultry, rabbits and fish and dairy farming.
D. The raising and grazing of horses, cattle, sheep and goats, including supplementary feeding of such animals, provided that such raising or grazing is not a part of, nor conducted in conjunction with, a livestock slaughterhouse or animal by-products business.
E. Dairy.
F. Public and private stables and riding academies.
G. Beekeeping.
H. All farm buildings including commercial operations.
I. Permanent farm markets, in accordance with site plan review regulations under the HC Highway Commercial District standards.
§ 285-219 Restrictions.

A. No fowl or livestock may be kept on parcels of land less than one acre in area.
B. No storage shall be established closer than 100 feet to any property line.
C. All new construction, including structures for temporary storage of feeds, shall conform to setback requirements.
D. The temporary display and sale of farm products shall be permitted provided that:

Quote:
I use to be on a 50x100' lot with my six girls. Every town is different.

I couldn't have anything 100 feet from the property line - 100 feet WAS the property line!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom