New Jersey

thank you for insulation info, does straw hold more heat then wood shavings? i have 8 chickens, 4 barred rocks and 4 ameruacanas. our coop is 8 x 8 and have trees and a small pond around it.
I use straw only because I can lift it to provide air pockets and they love to snuggle down in it...sometimes I go in there and all you can see is their heads :D

Hi! Fellow jersey folks! i am raising basque hens and lavender orpingtons in warren county new jersey white township! good to read about others in the area!
thumbsup.gif

Hi - I am in Burlington County and I'm looking to add two Ameracauna's to my little backyard flock. I'm hoping to find some around 5 months. Is anyone selling any? Or know of anyone selling any? Am I looking too late in the season? I tend to do that with clothes, when I need something for winter, the stores all have summer clothes out! Please PM me or email me at [email protected] if anyone has any info. Thanks!! - Melissa

Hi - I am in Burlington County and I'm looking to add two Ameracauna's to my little backyard flock. I'm hoping to find some around 5 months. Is anyone selling any? Or know of anyone selling any? Am I looking too late in the season? I tend to do that with clothes, when I need something for winter, the stores all have summer clothes out! Please PM me or email me at [email protected] if anyone has any info. Thanks!! - Melissa
Melissa, we have a number of members of our club who have Ameraucanas, and they would generally be about the age you are looking for at this time of the year. Hop over here and post a query for our upcoming show:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/708902/nj-sussex-county-poultry-fanciers-annual-fall-show-2012

Just a reminder for those planning on coming to our show that this thread - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/708902/nj-sussex-county-poultry-fanciers-annual-fall-show-2012 - is available for more information, and to inquire about buying birds. We have a great sales area, but only a few of the sellers will be on the thread, so you never know what you might find. But get there early for the best choices! Show starts at 9am, but you could come a little early and hang in the sale area. For those who've never been to a show, please try to stay clear of the show hall until 9am, as the exhibitors are busy running around getting their birds ready for judging. Sale birds come in all day, as the exhibitors unload them from their cars over the morning.

See you at the show!

PS - the club also has a regular FB page, where you can ask similar questions.

Here's some updated pics of Lucy & Ethel my exchequer leghorns I got from Sunnychooks. I have to say they are friendlier than I thought a leghorn would be. They let me pick them up whenever. If anyone is thinking of some new chicks come spring, don't forget about these guys.

I'm so bummed my two Easter eggers are laying brown eggs. I so hoped for some colored eggs "sigh". I don't know if I'll have room for more.

Back
Top Bottom