New Learning Center Section: Other Backyard Poultry

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
Jun 28, 2011

We’ve got some really exciting news to share with our wonderful community! This is a project that has been in the works for a VERY long time and we’re SUPER excited to finally present it to everyone!

Though BYC is predominantly a chicken forum, we have noticed and appreciated the amazing interest and participation in the "Other Backyard Poultry" forum section, which has grown steadily over the past few years. In response we decided it's time to build on, and expand the "other poultry" side of our site! With the help of a bunch of amazing members, we’ve created a new Learning Center section exclusively for other backyard poultry types, such as Ducks, Quail, Geese, Turkeys etc.

We asked a few of our wonderful community members if they were interested in writing articles for this section and the response was amazing. "Thank you!" to @Sally Sunshine , @yinepu , @jtn42248 , @Iain Utah , @TwoCrows , @Mountain Peeps , @chknoodles , @red horse ranch , @ozexpat and @birdman55 for their wonderful support and articles!

As you can see we still need more articles to cover all the different aspects of raising and keeping these poultry types, so if you are interested in contributing to this section, please send me a PM.

Check out the brand new Other Backyard Poultry Learning Center!

We look forward to your comments, suggestions, and help with this great new section!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the work you have put into this, Sumi, and all the rest who have already contributed.. I agree, it makes a great addition to BYC!

This is such a wonderful addition...

Thanks to each and every one of you who have contributed to this new informative and essential information service...

You all have incredible knowledge in these matters...

Anyone considering purchasing...now has guidance and expert advice....in so many aspects!

Thanks once again...this is a life saver!

This is a great idea. I would have one suggestion though. While rabbits genetically aren't considered poultry, from a cooking point of view they are that. Would it be possible to add bunnies to this section as well? I'm sure it would be an excellent learning tool for bunny keepers trying to get started with raising them.

@vehve That's an interesting idea that we may look into in future. In the meantime, have you looked at our sister site, BackYardHerds.com? We have a lovely section on rabbits over there.

Looks like a great new resource. I'm a little fearful of branching out, but hopefully this will give me some confidence and knowledge, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom