New Member from NY State

MisaF

Songster
5 Years
Jul 25, 2018
Montgomery, NY
Hi!

Just joined the site so here's some info on me and my flock.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes! We moved to a large piece of property in NY state in January. In April I started my chicken journey. :)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I ordered 8 hens and got 6 hens and 2 roos! Not exactly what I was expecting. :) Now we also have one Indian Runner duckling too.

(3) What breeds do you have?
All of my chickens are buff orpingtons.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Searching the internet for some chicken and duck info and your site kept coming up and I looked around and really loved it!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have 2 horses and 3 dogs in addition to my chickens. I am also on the board of directors for a equine sanctuary and run their veterans equine assisted psychotherapy program.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I work in publishing and share my home with my long time boyfriend, three dogs (two small ones and one regular sized one). We also have a house cat. We went from living in a very congested area to moving out to the country so I could be closer to my horses and the non-profit horse sanctuary I am on the board of. I am lucky enough to work from home about 90% of the time.

Great to be here! Can't wait to see all the good stuff I'll learn from all of you!

Best,
Melissa

Back
Top Bottom