reilly1230

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes and No! I helped my mom take care of hers occasionally growing up and now that I have my own land I have raising some myself ♡
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Way too many to count. I have 45ish show chickens just in my one building lol. I have regular hatchery stock in my barn ♡ And my basement usually always has peeps ♡
(3) What breeds do you have?
Show birds ♡
Large Fowl:
Silver Lace Wyandotte
Barred Rock
Salmon Faverolle
Cochin
Bantams:
Silver Lace Wyandotte
Silver Spangled Hamburg
Black Rose Comb
Barred/Black Wyandotte
White Wyandotte
Mottled Wyandotte
Belgian Bearded D'Uccles
Hatchery birds ♡
Ayam Cemani
Barred Rock
Lavender Orpington
Appenzeller Spitzhauben
Silver Lace
Gold Lace
Easter Eggers
Olive Eggers
True Blue Ameraucanas
Golden Seabright
Cuckoo Marans

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love everything about it honestly. It is all therapeutic for me and it helps me be active while getting a workout lol. But what I love best is hatching peeps and just sitting in my yard and watching them be their true selves ♡
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am an artist, just getting started on getting my work out there! I do all sorts of crafts but mostly paintings, photography and prints. I am also am amateur carpenter ;] Love video games but rarely have time to play.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Just me and my husband Will. We have lots of pets of multiple variety because that is who I am lol. I am just getting started on my dreams (self sustainable farm life and rescue and rehabbing animals) I have been laying groundwork for opening a hatchery ♡ Hopefully hatching a bunch in the spring!!!!! I also raise poultry/ birds of many types, geese, ducks, pheasants, quail and pigeons.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Honestly been reading stuff from this site for the last year, it has been recommended a bunch and comes up consistently with reliable data and sources when I am doing research. Well done! Joined because chickens are my life now ♡ Yes I know my pictures are of my ducks lol but they are my real #1s 🤫🤫 Don't tell my chickens.

Attachments

• 20210118_135919.jpg
    20210118_135919.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom