New member, new chicken keeper

Ambrosial

Hatching
Jul 18, 2015
Woking UK
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, and to keeping chickens.

Based in Woking, UK, I've currently got just three ladies in my back garden- a gobby hybrid called Ginger, a tiny and fierce black pekin called Norrie (after a character in my daughter's favourite cartoon) and a very beautiful and daft lavender pekin called Ethel.

My grandparents had chickens for years (they were dairy farmers), so I've spent plenty of time around them, but this is the first time I've been responsible for them!

Add two toddlers under 4 into the mix and it makes quite a party.....

Looking forward to taking part on here.

Ambrosialx

Welcome to BYC! So glad you could join us!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Best of luck with your flock!
smile.png

Welcome, Ambrosial! There are lots of wonderful people on here who will answer any questions you may have. Every chicken keeper was new at one point, and some of us, myself included, are still new to this. Your little ones are so blessed to grow up with chickens! This is an experience they will treasure for a lifetime. I have a teenage daughter and a son who's almost 2, and they're both crazy about chickens. I'm sure yours will be as well. Best wishes to you!

Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. We have many members from the UK and a UK thread. In fact some of our greeters are from UK (ie.,"Yorkshire Coop") who I am sure will come across your thread some time today.

Hi, I'm new to this flock.I have ?, how old does a chicken have to be to stop laying?

Hi, I'm new to this flock.I have ?, how old does a chicken have to be to stop laying?

Welcome to BYC!

I think there was a chicken over 10 that laid an egg! Usually they only lay like one or two a week after around age 5? It depends on breed, how they were raised, strain, and the individual.

Back
Top Bottom