New member Rainier WA

noagenda21

In the Brooder
Jan 22, 2017
Hey There,

New to the group...didn't pay attention to the 'rules' email but catching on... I have chickens of 'undetermined parentage' that lay terrific non gmo / free range fed eggs. I came to participate on the site because of my newest 'venture' with a pair of Magpie ducks that were being a little too friendly to my hard working layers. There was writer out there with the same problem and I went straight to her forum to get some ideas how to handle the situation other than to load my shot gun. A few hours later...I 've separated my ducks and am hoping they don't fly over the 4' fence..If anyone has first hand info on when Magpie's start laying eggs or care preferences I'd appreciate the forwarded info. Right now am just happy not to see my wonder chickens hassled and the ducks are swimming in the mud hole behind the fence! ...all is well... gotta big dog house with hay in it for sleep..Thanks for any consideration! Robin

welcome-byc.gif

I haven't had a chance to raise ducks yet, but there is a very helpful Duck forum on BYC. If you have questions, someone over there should be able to help you out.

Thanks for joining us!

Hi :welcome Robin

Glad you could join us here! I see you have found the duck section, I'm sure the keepers there will be able to help you out. I hope your fence works and everyone can get back to harmonious living again.

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

G’Day from down under Robin
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom