Cluckingitup

Songster
May 20, 2019
Pennsylvania
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am new to raising chickens. Got 6 babies on March 17. I am proud to say ALL are thriving! I also inherited 2 adult chickens who seem to have adjusted to me pretty well.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6 babies and 2 adults, about 1 1/2 years old.

(3) What breeds do you have? My babies are Blue Plymouth Rocks, 1 adult is a Speckled Sussex and the other is a Barred Rock.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I have enjoyed watching the babies grow into teenagers and I am enjoying the adults recognizing me (it may be the treats I bring them). I love collecting the eggs and so do my nieces and nephews. So far they are just fun to watch! I can certainly see how financially this can get out of hand! I have so many cool ideas.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? In the summer we go to the beach/camping a lot, so trying to set up coop/run to be okay for a few days without tending. We also like to spend time with family and friends. I enjoy playing/ training my dogs.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have 3 dogs, Papillion mix, Australian Shepard, a Doberman, and a 10 year old dwarf rabbit named Rocky. I have two older children that I believe secretly like the new chickens but don't want to let on they do.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I have been learning a lot from BYC about chickens prior to getting them. I googled a question and that is how I found this site. BYC seems to have everything I am looking for so I decided that after researching info for 6 months, I should join.

Back
Top Bottom