New Mexico

Quote:
More info please... We have a swap every month here in Bloomfield, NM. We stopped briefly for the winter and plan to restart in Feb. It is every third Sun at the Bloomfield Ace Hardware.

Grannyh, when you are on a page you want, just click on favorites, and click on add to favoites.. This will save that page in your favorites file.. When you want to return to that thread, just click on favorites, and locate the thread you want.. click on that thread, and you are back at the page you left.. Before you leave that thread, click on favorites, click on add to favorites, and answer yes to the question.. This will update your page so you arrive at the new page when you return.. Sounds complicated, but it's not, and much faster than the other way...

Thank you again...
smile.png

Boy, this is one slow thread.. I know, I know, I'm as bad as the rest, but, hey, post something.. How do you expect me to learn anything... Will

I hear you! But I'm bad too! I am enjoying this weather so much down here that I spend most of my time outside!! I expect to have my coop delivered in a week or two. I ordered my chicks (and a pair of geese), but to get what I wanted, I have to wait until May! In the meantime, I think I've found a source of organic feed. A place outside Cliff (via LC).

Chickens finally started laying in Dec. I have 7 pullets that I bought this last summer and it looks like I now have 4 possibly 5 laying. Don't know what is going on with the others. They are well into their 30s week old I got them in Aug and they were 2 months old at least then. One hasn't even redden up yet and her comb is still pretty small. Time will tell!

My girls have started picking up with their laying in the past couple weeks. Some seem to be glad to be back in the nest and some seem a little cranky. Then again... maybe its the snow and mud thats making them cranky...

My girls have started picking up with their laying in the past couple weeks. Some seem to be glad to be back in the nest and some seem a little cranky. Then again... maybe its the snow and mud thats making them cranky...

The snow and mud doesn't seem to bother my girls.. We don't get much down here in Deming, but when we do, they just run out and scratch away at it.. Looks like little snow blowers... lol..

Chickens finally started laying in Dec. I have 7 pullets that I bought this last summer and it looks like I now have 4 possibly 5 laying. Don't know what is going on with the others. They are well into their 30s week old I got them in Aug and they were 2 months old at least then. One hasn't even redden up yet and her comb is still pretty small. Time will tell!

Binders, don't get too impatient.. Some breeds are a little slower than others, and some birds in the same breed are slower than their sisters... I don't know the reasons.. I just know it happens.. Now, if they start crowing, I wouldn't expect them to lay any time soon... lol

I wound the NM thread. Since this new system, it has been hard to find stuff. My chickens where starting to lay really good but the neighbors or stray dogs got a hold of a bunch!! No more free range. We made a huge run, but the little jerks can still get out. We are going to have to watch. We did have a dog come back, but my husband let out or big pitbull. He was worried that he would just stand there at look at him, but he took off after him, grabbed him by the neck and flipped the dog over. We have not seen him since. I was so proud of our dog for protecting his chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom