New Mexico

Anyone in or near Albuquerque selling Silkie female chicks? Any color is fine, just has to be female. Thanks!

I am looking for some jumbo coturnix in new mexico. I am in Roswell, let me know if you have any hatching eggs or chicks. Thanks

Anyone want some Swedish Flower Hens? I have about 7 hens and one roo I'm looking to re-home.

PM me if interested.
Need more room for your Ameraucanas, huh?
wink.png

AND, the Four Corners Poultry swap starts this Sunday from 12 noon til 3pm at the Bloomfield, NM Ace Hardware.  Please join us!

This will be on the third Sunday of every month through this fall.

All poultry, and small livestock welcome, such as rabbits, goats, peafowl, quail, geese, ducks, and pigeons.

I will be bringing LF Cochin pullets and hens.  Black and mixed color.

How far is Four Corners from ABQ? I am looking for a female Silkie chick and none here.

How far is Four Corners from ABQ? I am looking for a female Silkie chick and none here.
About 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours, but I haven't seen any decent Silkies.

There is an APA/ABA show in Farmington the first weekend in Nov and there have been nice Silkies for sale the past two years.

Hi All,
We moved 4 months ago from San Diego where I was an outlaw suburban chicken owner. We found out we were relocating to ABQ only about a month after my 5 ladies (Ameraucana, Buff Orp, Speckled Sussex, RIR, and probable light Brahma) started laying!!! So now my good friend in Paso Robles, CA has my hens and adorable coop and is reaping the benefits (eggs) of all my hard work, lol.

Luckily we have enough space and the permission of our property manager to get back into chickens, and now my daughter has a bunny, too. So I'm turning a cute little wooden playhouse into a coop/bunny shack, and building a separate run out each side (one for bunny and one for chickens). In the last 8 days I have acquired a Buckeye female chick, an Americauna female chick (drove to Edgewood for her), a 5 week old Welsummer pullet, and 5 (gulp) straight run unidentified banty chicks from TSC that I fell in love with. Looks like there may be some cochins and even a frizzle or two in there; we are just praying that not too many of them are roosters as we'll have to rehome them. :-( My city bred kids are joining 4H to show the rabbit and chickens, which is exciting. While we're not exactly fully in the country or mountains, country is in my blood and this is as close as we've gotten so far and we're loving it.

Anyhow, it's so exciting to live somewhere I don't have to keep my birds a secret, and where there are so many chicken lovers! And poulty swaps! And feed stores! And 4H! (And hopefully soon I'll find a Silkie gal, too.)
Shifra

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom