New Mexico

I have a flock of Swedish Flower Hens and a flock of Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas I must rehome. I may ask for a nominal amount of money, as I spent so much on these birds, but that will be negotiable. Most important is that they go to someone who will take good care of them.

I am located in Las Cruces, NM. Please pm me if interested.

PM sent!

Does anyone have any ideas/advice on how & where to sell a ram's skull? We are going to butcher our ram soon & he has a nice set of horns.

Another winter question here: it's my first winter with the chickens. I built them a coop with an attached, enclosed run, with various roosts in the run and in the coop. From day one they always roosted out in the run. Now it's getting colder and they are still roosting on the outdoor run roosts and I'm concerned they don't know any better to go inside their hen house to roost out of the wind...
Should I remove the outside roosts so they go in the hen house to roost or do you all think they'll figure it out if they get cold enough?

Well, that's interesting. My girls, and boy, have always had both indoor and outdoor roosts. I never take down the outdoor roosts and have never had a problem. The are smarter than we think!

Mine have a roost inside and outside. It seems like if they like to nap/chill out inside the coop and sleep on the outside roosts @night...silly chooks!

Back
Top Bottom