New Mexico

I was just laughing about how Sam3 and I were both intent on getting some CCL's.  Nothing else was meant.  :)   I would be very interested in some hatching eggs, when the CCL hens start laying again.
sure thing. I didnt sell any this year becaues i wanted to see what they were producing first. People had to break my arms to get my birds i hatched this year. I wanted to see them full grown. I hatched about 25 and kept 4

sure thing. I didnt sell any this year becaues i wanted to see what they were producing first. People had to break my arms to get my birds i hatched this year. I wanted to see them full grown. I hatched about 25 and kept 4

Just putting it out there - when you get good and ready to have Cream chicks, I'm very interested in buying !
~Sam

I should have allot of creams this spring but cream isnt guaranteed. Cream legbars need allot of work. There are people who have hatched a ton and didnt get cream yet. Even if you pay 60 dollars for one day old females at greenfire farms you might not get all creams. I seen someone post pics of their pullets and they got half golds and at those prices id be upset. And even the creams are having to much brown on their backs, Greefire farms is mixing allot of diffrent lines and its starting to show. My blood is from the first two lines imported and i should have cream locked in by end of next year. Im two years into the breed and it will be another two before i start to reach my goals with them. They were created then almost died out. Some people really messed them up in the UK bringing the breed back. The US lines show that and were working hard to get them all back to sop show quality.

Anyone here from Corrales? Bernalillo? Rio Rancho? I'm living in Rio Rancho now in suburbia due to circumstances beyond my control, and cannot keep chickens in that location. My flock, consisting of 7 Ameraucana hens, I Ameraucana roo and I Golden Comet hen, is still back in southern NM. At this point I really don't want to rehome them but I'll have to live in the 'burbs for the next year.

I wondered if anyone would consider boarding my chickens for me? I'd take responsibility for their care and feed, etc. I'd also pay for board in any combination of $/eggs.

Please pm me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Kansaseq- I'd suggest looking into San Ysidro & Jemez Springs, too.

For those in ABQ who mentioned classes- what are you specifically wanting to learn? The county Extension office may be able to help you, or you could visit one of us more experienced "chicken peeps" if you aren't afraid to drive a ways :)

Steen- I'm still going to get some of those Legbars from you some day... How has everything gone for you this fall & winter? It's been crazy busy here, as always! lol

Kansaseq- I'd suggest looking into San Ysidro & Jemez Springs, too.

For those in ABQ who mentioned classes- what are you specifically wanting to learn? The county Extension office may be able to help you, or you could visit one of us more experienced "chicken peeps" if you aren't afraid to drive a ways :)

Steen- I'm still going to get some of those Legbars from you some day... How has everything gone for you this fall & winter? It's been crazy busy here, as always! lol

blaundee . Its good to hear from you. You have been mia your so busy. Im hoping to have a cabinet incubator by summer. I'll definitely have some for you chicks or hatching eggs. if you know anybody looking for some Nigerian dwarf goats im selling mine. I have a nice buck, two brood does and another doe who just had 3 babies. They babies can be sold to make up for buying the momma and she would be ready for milking. With work and all my chickens the goats are becoming to much for a one man show.

If anyone is interested in goats send me a pm. These are the size of a large dog. If you live in town you can keep two. They are good milkers and can produce allot of milk. Nigerians also have a lot of butter fat in there milk compared to other breeds. You can drink the milk make cheese , butter , and soap from it also.

Last edited:
What are your asking prices? Are you on any of the goat groups on facebook? I'll add you to some when I make it to a computer... You could just leave the kids on mama this year & not worry about milking her, then sell or butcher the kids this fall :)

Heya, Steen!

I still haven't built my chicken coop yet (been busy painting the interior of this place before I move in), but this summer I would love to hatch out some Legbar eggs if you'd be willing to sell. Would love to see some nice blue shells amidst the marans brown. Just sayin'......

Nice batch o' goats you have there. Unfortunately, my property is a coyote thoroughfare. And I dare not discourage the coyotes or I would be overrun with rabbits. Both husband and I actually fell through the earth and into a massive rabbit warren. Ugh. It was like quicksand trying to wade out as the soil surface just kept crumbling underneath our feet. I'm thinking they will make veggie gardening a challenge.

Besides coyotes, does anyone know of a good rabbit deterrent?

Back
Top Bottom