New Mexico

Hi all! Just joined, I'm from Bloomfield, NM. Is there any other locals near me. By chance maybe ones that know where Big R and IFA receive their chicks from? I have 7 chicks I'm researching to figure out their breeds.

I'm in Flora Vista! I believe IFA gets theirs from Privett, no clue on Big R or Tractor Supply. IFA had their chicks marked and sorted pretty good this year so you know what breeds they were. They do sometimes get mixed up though.

Thanks MH37125!! I found out that big r also uses privett, tho they do not order breed specific batches. Rather a pullet variety... then directed me to a poster to figure out what is what...
At Ifa I picked 2 from their partridge rock pullet bay, and they aren't partridge rocks, they actually look to be silver laced wyandottes. One roo, one hen.

Thanks MH37125!! I found out that big r also uses privett, tho they do not order breed specific batches. Rather a pullet variety... then directed me to a poster to figure out what is what...
At Ifa I picked 2 from their partridge rock pullet bay, and they aren't partridge rocks, they actually look to be silver laced wyandottes. One roo, one hen.

That sounds about right :) I like IFA here but I watched the ladies one day trying to get chicks out of the brooder and they were dropping them on the floor and ones were falling out while they had a few doors open. Me and another lady were trying to help gather them up and put them back in. So like I said before, they get all mixed up.

I have 2 Partridge rocks, 1 hen and 1 roo. Beautiful birds! My Roo is very calm so far. I don't have silver laced but I do have 3 golden laced wyandottes. Very loud and talkative.

That sounds about right :) I like IFA here but I watched the ladies one day trying to get chicks out of the brooder and they were dropping them on the floor and ones were falling out while they had a few doors open. Me and another lady were trying to help gather them up and put them back in. So like I said before, they get all mixed up.

I have 2 Partridge rocks, 1 hen and 1 roo. Beautiful birds! My Roo is very calm so far. I don't have silver laced but I do have 3 golden laced wyandottes. Very loud and talkative.

I have, I believe, 3 leghorns, 2 ???? And 2 silver laced wyandottes. All bought as pullets and ended up having 3 roosters. I may have to get rid of 2 of them, they're starting to try to fight.
I was hoping for the poultry swap to be tomorrow but it looks like it was last saturday then not til July again

I live at Portales. I just started a new flock of pullets. I bought them local. I have six. About 2 or 3 to many. They are in my back yard and are very happy. Just my entertainment and a few eggs also.

I live in Portales I have a mixture of 6 pullets. I just got my first eggs. much better then bought eggs. nice to know someone close.

I am not sure: two white with a touch of tan or dirt but she lays a light brown egg so she is not a white legern {sp} two red pullets and two delewares I think. If they lay eggs that is all I am concerned about. Ha

Back
Top Bottom