New to backyard chickens. How's my coop/run look?

I know this is an old Post, but I was curious of the durability of your coop. I have the same one for my 4 Seramas. It doesn't seem like it will last long, but your weather is my weather and you've had yours longer than mine, so I figure you'd have some good knowledge for me.
You’ll want to paint it to protect it from the weather. I didn’t do anything to mine and it’s bad. The hinged door on the front fell off. The back slider over the window fell off. The egg door is warped. The trim around the back sliding window is only being held on by a couple nails. I’ve had to screw down the roosts inside because they wouldn’t “slip in to place” any longer.

I’m afraid to even move it. But I think had I simply painted it then it would be a lot better off right now.

I know this is an old Post, but I was curious of the durability of your coop. I have the same one for my 4 Seramas. It doesn't seem like it will last long, but your weather is my weather and you've had yours longer than mine, so I figure you'd have some good knowledge for me.
I have this same coop for my four chickens. I have mine under a stand of trees so it gets protection from the weather but I did a lot of work to it. I raised the roosting bars, and caulked the top seam before putting the top beam on, and did the same with the side beams on the roof. Then I painted the entire exterior with outdoor paint. I also bought a portable run since the run is pretty small. Mine free range part the day, though. Since I sealed mine up, it has made it through several rainstorms without warping. I also added a hardware cloth apron all around and reinforced the wire mesh that it came with. The tiny staples they used didn't do much good. One of my kids pushed one side in when they fell into it. I restapled the whole thing

Alrighty then.... Guess I'm adding paint and caulk to my shopping list. thank you for the tips.
Good luck! With a little bit of work, it has been a good coop for us so far. I am planning on building one in the next year, just because I don't think this one has enough room.

Back
Top Bottom