New to BYC

Honeybee33333

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 22, 2012
Hi!
I'm bailey new to BYC. I've been raising birds for over a year now, just as egg layers and pets. We have 16 baby chicks, some silkies and 16 big pullets 3 roosters, getting more sooon and a huge coop. We took in the grown up birds from a farm and they're in bad health. Nothing like chickens we've had before they don't roam, they sit in their coop all day. Our birds we raise from chicks are social and will follow you right into the house but not these ones. One of the hens we got is dehydrated so were feeding her electrolyte water now and brought her in. Any tips?:p

Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. They may have never been outside a coop before and are afraid. Some treats may help them adjust to life outside. Good luck. :thumbsup

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Be sure to offer her regular water in addition to the electrolytes, some birds will not drink them well and she really needs water more than anything else if she is dehydrated.

Be sure to check out the Chickenstock link in my signature, it is tomorrow and a great time

Welcome to BYC! I'd think giving them some time to adjust and treating them just like you've always treated the others would be the way to go. But there are lots more people here with years and years of experience that can help more. If you don't get the answers here, you may need to try posting under a different topic. Good luck!

Thank you to you all!:) glad to be in touch with people who are so knowledged and care about their birds. The big birds are getting better everyday. Lots of love and treats have helped.
Penny the sick hen is still inside getting fed food, electrolyte water and is going poo. Thanks everyone! Glad to be here:D

Back
Top Bottom