New to chicken raising but am so loving my little Flock!

What sex might this 14 wk old be??

• what sex is this

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • what breed is this

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
The picture has a red hue to it but I'd like to say if I went by tail feathers "Male", but his/her crown looks pink. .which throws me off due to the picture's red hue and it makes me think female. .usually males crowns will be a real bright red, I've been able to tell males at young ages. .but sometimes they can trick you and when you think it's a male it may also be a female. I had an Easter Egger hen have a tail just like yours and once she went through her malt and filled out I caught what I thought was a he laying an egg. .saw the egg fall between her legs with own eyes. So it's tricky. .I'd say wait until you see an egg or they start crowing. .sometimes roosters will take their time to crow as well. ;) Welcome to BYC friend and I hope someone maybe able to help you better in deciphering if it's male or female. Beautiful chick you have there:thumbsup

The picture has a red hue to it but I'd like to say if I went by tail feathers "Male", but his/her crown looks pink. .which throws me off due to the picture's red hue and it makes me think female. .usually males crowns will be a real bright red, I've been able to tell males at young ages. .but sometimes they can trick you and when you think it's a male it may also be a female. I had an Easter Egger hen have a tail just like yours and once she went through her malt and filled out I caught what I thought was a he laying an egg. .saw the egg fall between her legs with own eyes. So it's tricky. .I'd say wait until you see an egg or they start crowing. .sometimes roosters will take their time to crow as well. ;) Welcome to BYC friend and I hope someone maybe able to help you better in deciphering if it's male or female. Beautiful chick you have there:thumbsup
Thanks so much for your reply!! Boy my newly discovered (by me) Roo is just carrying on and crowing with me! He stands tall and just "looks like a rooster, even though he has a small crown. But it IS red! The other kinda puffs up, is very docile

fullsizeoutput_64d.jpeg IMG_2916.JPG fullsizeoutput_64f.jpeg IMG_2894.JPG OK New Gal is back with better photos! The pale gray is the one in question. Extremely lovey, almost crawls onto my lap. I will post photo of my Roo (which is crowing), and the white spotted one which I would love confirmation on but think is Blue Splash Maran. She has feathered feet and the dark gray spots and talks to me non stop!! fullsizeoutput_64d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_64d.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom