New to chickens, can they be raised in Alaska????

I love Alaska.
love.gif

OK that was wrong. I'm catcching on...now you need to erase your last message or more people might see it and want to move up.
duc.gif

Pics are great, I CAN'T WAIT
wee.gif

So soon, so soon...Alaskan to be

Now those are the Palmer scenes I grew up seeing while I was freezing my butt off up in North Pole. Aahhh, gotta love that rich farmland right at the base of the mountains!

Palmer - home to Alaskan agriculture and, if Arctic Chicken gets her way, a WHOLE LOT of chickens!!!!

D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

woot.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
woot.gif

Last edited:
KenaiPrincessLodge070907.jpg

SportLake061607.jpg

scenic.jpg

Bears.jpg

This is my back yard...so to speak...
smile.png

Ourhayfield061107.jpg

...and South to Homer...
IMG_2073.jpg

big_smile.png

(I love it, too... so picturesque!)

Did you Gals take those pictures yourself? If so what an eye, they are all so awesome. I can't get over how BEAUTIFUL it is up there, almost makes me want to cry especially with anticipating our move coming up. I think we are coming up through the ND crossing, anyone been that way? Just got hubby's Resume all up to date and perfect, I use to do book keeping for our business so he still likes me to do all of that clerical stuff.
barnie.gif

Hopefully we'll get some good news!!!
fl.gif

My hubby took the one of the bears and the scenic shot above it... I took the others. Somewhat of a shutterbug family.
tongue.png

The top one is the Kenai River in Cooper Landing.
The second is Sport Lake, in Soldotna.
I'm not exactly sure where the third shot is from, since hubby took it, but it's along the Seward Highway, I think...
The 4th is a couple of orphaned bears along the Russian River, near Cooper Landing.
The 5th is the hayfield, looking east towards the mountains, at the edge of our property in Sterling.
The last one is in Homer, looking Southeast towards the Kenai Mountains, and the glaciers.
smile.png

This post will self destruct in 5 minutes...

Back
Top Bottom