NEW TO CHICKENS. I NEED HELP.

Did you buy the 9300??? If you did, don't trust the display read outs. Make sure you have your own checked thermometers. Chances are you'll have to set the bator higher than you need it to actually get it where you need it inside.

Amy's the right person to talk you through an LG hatch.
Here's a few things I've read:
You might fill your water channels with marbles or boiled rocks to act as a heat sink to keep temperature fluctuations down. Jars of water can help, too. Make sure you set it up away from Windows or drafts.

Crossing your fingers can help, too.

Amy's the right person to talk you through an LG hatch.
Here's a few things I've read:
You might fill your water channels with marbles or boiled rocks to act as a heat sink to keep temperature fluctuations down. Jars of water can help, too. Make sure you set it up away from Windows or drafts.

Crossing your fingers can help, too.
Yes, a room with a stable temp is a must. Any drafts or temp changes will throw them off.

Oh gosh I feel so lost and confused !! I mean I understand what ur saying but I feel like I'm going to do it all wrong
hmm.png
so tmro I will go out and get my own thermometer
You'll be fine. We'll help where we can.
wink.png

Thanks so much!!
So should I go ahead and fill up the 6 water channels on the bator?
No. Run it dry and see what your humidity is w/no water. If it stays abover 25%, preferably 30% ish run it dry and check the air cells. If not if you have a clean sponge wet that and put it in there or a cloth and see if that will get you about 30-35%. If you fill the channels I almost guarentee it'll be too high and you'll have no moisture loss. Here's a little guide to help you: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

Ok I just plugged it in!
The setting here is 99.5
Is that good or should I raise it?
Now I'm just waiting for the signal to come on that says it's ok to put the eggs in there

Back
Top Bottom