New to the chicken world!!

katiec1824

In the Brooder
Jan 24, 2015
I am a brand new owner of 6 precious Silkie chickens I have 4 hens and 2 roosters..any info on the do's and don't of this breed would be great!!

Welcome to our forum. I love those silkies. That is how I started umpteen years ago. They are gentle breed that can be handled easily. If you have a pure white hen, Ill come by and take her off your hands. LOL But in reality I'm looking to add one to my small flock this spring. WISHING YOU BEST
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to our forum.  I love those silkies.   That is how I started  umpteen years ago.   They are gentle breed that can be handled easily.   If you have a pure white hen, Ill come by and take her off your hands. LOL   But in reality I'm looking to add one to my small flock this spring.   WISHING YOU BEST
:welcome

I actually do have a solid white hen and she is bred to a solid white rooster so her next egg will be a solid white as well...I want to incorporate some other colors in with my buff and white ones but I'm not sure how to do that just yet lol

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

To learn more about Silkies, I suggest looking at this thread: Silkie thread!

You may also find some information in the Breeds Review section: Silkie

Good luck with your Silkies!

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You will definitely want to stop by our Silkies thread for more help with your birds. Wyandottes has left you with the link.

Enjoy your cutie pies and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

I would be sure to check out the links about Silkies that Wyandottes7 gave you. Silkies are certainly cute little birds.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom