Newbie! 😊👋

ItsaBritThing

In the Brooder
Oct 30, 2023
Hi just introducing myself my name is Christine originally from England born and raised but have lived in the US for over thirty years now. I have absolutely no clue where to begin with chickens I don't want too many just enough to keep us sustained with fresh eggs. We are trying to get away from supporting big retailers and be more self sufficient we have learned a lot about canning the last few years and have been enjoying but it's time to move on to the next adventure! So I'm guessing I would first start with the correct coop? We truly appreciate people such as yourselves coming together and using your valuable time to teach newbies such as myself and my husband your expertise in this field and we look forward to knowing you and learning from you so again Thank you !

Hi just introducing myself my name is Christine originally from England born and raised but have lived in the US for over thirty years now. I have absolutely no clue where to begin with chickens I don't want too many just enough to keep us sustained with fresh eggs. We are trying to get away from supporting big retailers and be more self sufficient we have learned a lot about canning the last few years and have been enjoying but it's time to move on to the next adventure! So I'm guessing I would first start with the correct coop? We truly appreciate people such as yourselves coming together and using your valuable time to teach newbies such as myself and my husband your expertise in this field and we look forward to knowing you and learning from you so again Thank you !
Hi, welcome to BYC! It's nice to meet you, Christine.
I love starting out, it's really fun to get to pick and choose exactly what to start with. (A good coop, depending on the amount of chickens, is a Producer's Pride coop. You can buy them at TSC :))
Have fun!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

So glad you decided to join us! Lots of information on all the aspects of keeping chickens, including coops in our Learning Center here.... https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

Browse around the forums and ask as many questions as needed.

Welcome to our community!

Back
Top Bottom