newbie at incubating

binkysmom78

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 1, 2012
tx
Hi, everyone. I was just wondering after the chicks hatch on the hatching day. If there are eggs that didn't hatch do you leave an extra day or is it safe throw out aafter the chicks aretaking out of the incubator? I am new to incubating o if anyone has any tips they can share. I would really appreciate it. Thanks to everyone who responds:)

Hi, everyone. I was just wondering after the chicks hatch on the hatching day. If there are eggs that didn't hatch do you leave an extra day or is it safe throw out aafter the chicks aretaking out of the incubator? I am new to incubating o if anyone has any tips they can share. I would really appreciate it. Thanks to everyone who responds:)

I would give them another 48 hours! I have seen posts where they hatched on the 24th day..I had one that pipped on the24th day..I wasn't here aand It didn't make it, but had I been here and helped it, it might have made it!

I had one chick hatch on day 25! She zipped that egg so fast and was out of there in 5mins pip-to-finish! Then she tried to stand up. It was the cutest thing. Like she was saying "Hang on, I'm coming!"

Wait at least 'till day 24, I'd say. You get late bloomers.

Shardean: thank you for the response i will wait to be on the safe side. That is Sad to hear about your chick. If you can think of any incubating tips or tips so that the chicks can get to a good start let me know

Open the eggs and check first. Didn't you get any chicks that hatched?

Sumi,I had 15 hatch . The eggs that were left were not good. One popped. I am glad i did not get any on me. If you can think of any tips on incbating ot raising chicks or chickens message me. I had chickens in the past, but i didn't really research to much. Thanks for th
e response

Sumi,I had 15 hatch . The eggs that were left were not good. One popped. I am glad i did not get any on me. If you can think of any tips on incbating ot raising chicks or chickens message me. I had chickens in the past, but i didn't really research to much. Thanks for th
e response

Don't know how many you started with...15 sounds good! I am new at this too and with each hatch I learn! I don't candle so don't know how many of mine are fertile. I had 15 hatch in y last batch...had 27 eggs in the bator. 2 tried to hatch but died in the shell one we helped and that one is fine..almost 3 weeks old! I think I shrink wrapped some by opening the bator all the time! I didn't know that the last 3 days you leave it closed so the humidity stays high! So I now have 22 in the bator due to hatch next Monday. Lets see if I do better this time. I just ordered eggs for the first time so the next batch will be really special...So I'm hoping I get a high % this time so I will know I am now doing it right for my Silkie eggs I ordered! This sight if full of information...wish I had found it sooner!

Back
Top Bottom